Thread: 6.4 Basics Questions

Tuner in Training

6.4 Basics Questions

So I am having a friend of mine bring over a 6.4 scat pack to me this weekend. Ive taken a quick peek of the PCM layout and it seems kinda confusing. Ive tuned many LS's, Fords and diesels but this is my first dodge. I see I can adjust the VVT. im assuming that's just like the LS VVT? Now main spark tables which are referenced? Same for fueling a WOT? Now im not asking for tunes or tricks. Just would like to know the name of the table. They can get confusing. Like how coyote uses MBT spatk and LS uses high octane spark. For dodge how do they word it? Thanks guys.

Advanced Tuner
    The Mopar's are significantly different from the Gen IV GM's (or any GM for that matter). Don't bother trying to move a stock cam for performance gains. Your best bet will be to disable some of the torque management that is NOT related to the transmission. Do not attempt to pull "Min Spark for TQ mgmt" like you might try on a 6l80e or you could reduce the life of the A8 trans - assuming that this is an auto trans. Just be very cautious and take baby steps. We tune both Mopars and GM's and there are few basic tuning similarities from my perspective. The Mopars are a completely different animal.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The Mopar's are significantly different from the Gen IV GM's (or any GM for that matter). Don't bother trying to move a stock cam for performance gains. Your best bet will be to disable some of the torque management that is NOT related to the transmission. Do not attempt to pull "Min Spark for TQ mgmt" like you might try on a 6l80e or you could reduce the life of the A8 trans - assuming that this is an auto trans. Just be very cautious and take baby steps. We tune both Mopars and GM's and there are few basic tuning similarities from my perspective. The Mopars are a completely different animal.
    Would you still leave Min spark the same on a built trans? @[email protected]
    Last edited by 1bh; 12-05-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bh View Post
    Would you still leave Min spark the same on a built trans? @[email protected]
    Yes, or at least close to stock. Just don't jack up the timing so that it can't make a clean, quick shift.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000