Thread: Phantom WOT Fuel Enrichment different in 3rd gear

Phantom WOT Fuel Enrichment different in 3rd gear

Good day gentlemen,

This is a 2014 Charger R/T with CAI, 180 stat, and a catch can.
    I'm trying to straighten out my WOT fueling. I'm using a wideband in the log and watching the commanded EQ and the FA Enrich.
    Now, what's puzzling me is that the FA Enrich in the log doesn't follow the FA Enrich tables according either the Fuel Mass or the PRatio.
    I thought I'd found all the alternate enrichment tables and zeroed them out, but apparently I'm missing something.
    The below log is a pull through 3rd gear. The fueling acts differently than it does in 2nd.
    You can see around 4800 RPM where the FA Enrichment starts going off the reservation.

Do I need to flatten out the FA tables and adjust the injector tables?

Any help is appreciated.

MattL 2014 Charger RT_022a.hpt
    MattL 2014 Charger RT_022_004.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattechperf View Post
    Good day gentlemen,

This is a 2014 Charger R/T with CAI, 180 stat, and a catch can.
    I'm trying to straighten out my WOT fueling. I'm using a wideband in the log and watching the commanded EQ and the FA Enrich.
    Now, what's puzzling me is that the FA Enrich in the log doesn't follow the FA Enrich tables according either the Fuel Mass or the PRatio.
    I thought I'd found all the alternate enrichment tables and zeroed them out, but apparently I'm missing something.
    The below log is a pull through 3rd gear. The fueling acts differently than it does in 2nd.
    You can see around 4800 RPM where the FA Enrichment starts going off the reservation.

Do I need to flatten out the FA tables and adjust the injector tables?

Any help is appreciated.

MattL 2014 Charger RT_022a.hpt
    MattL 2014 Charger RT_022_004.hpl
    Weird. With something like that, I would first suspect CAT/EGT overtemp protection. I know you said you already zero'd out alternate enrichment tables, but I've seen some weird things in the past where even though the FA COT/EOT Enrich table was zero'd out, it still added fuel until I took all the threshold, delta, Max temp incr, and target tables to 3,002. Maybe give that a try (max out the delta and target tables), and see if that fixes it.

targets are still stock and the way it is doing it looks like over temp is still kicking in.

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW, I had the a similar issue on a 15 Scat Pack car. It was a TM issue. I put everything back to stock and the problem went away. I didn't have time to figure out exactly what it was.

Advanced Tuner
    is there an enabled (not addressed) torque mngt feature toying with the fueling?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    targets are still stock and the way it is doing it looks like over temp is still kicking in.
    I think that's it. I figured if the Max/Mins were maxed out then it would never hit the tables.
    I'm zeroing out the tables like BoostJunky said and we'll give er the beans on the on-ramp again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    I didn't have time to figure out exactly what it was.
    You mean, you couldn't set aside a full weekend to go through the gazillion torque management factors?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattechperf View Post
    You mean, you couldn't set aside a full weekend to go through the gazillion torque management factors?
    This guy gets it.

Did you find what was causing this Mattechperf?

Senior Tuner
    Were you able to figure this out?

My car was doing it because of the CAT over temp.

Senior Tuner
    what changes made it stop? Chasing a similar issue

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    what changes made it stop? Chasing a similar issue
    I just maxed out and or zeroed everything out in regards to CAT over temp.

Untitled (3).png