Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Procharged coyote issues

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Procharged coyote issues

1. at part throttle the vehicle shutters as shown in the jaggy log file below 32s-40s
    2. injector duty cycle is a jagged line just all over the place, the injectors I'm using I knew would be sketchy for my application(g302 47lb ford racing injectors) so maybe this is just a biproduct of being out of injector in my particular case? You can see this in the injector duty cycle log 1m26s in, also STFT spike at wot, I assume this is just coinciding with things going lean(obviously not good)
    3. the vehicle bogs down a bit at slight throttle as you can see from 25s-31s through the bogsdown scanner log
    4. DFCO not activating even though everything in the tune points to it should being able to enable, stock dfco settings.

TIA

procharger1.0.hpt
    bogsdownatslightaccel.hpl
    jaggy.hpl
    injector duty cycle all over the place.hpl
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

can you post your channel config.

You've got some issues that should be addressed before you take it WOT anymore, .95 lambda on .8 commanded at WOT isn't good...

Can you post your stock file too.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You'll want to turn of CylAir Anticipation to prevent it from going lean in boost. At least until the SD is calibrated for boost (if you intend to).
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    made the changes found in the attached file and the outcome. Driveability just all over the place 2m05s into the log you can see one of the major issues, I try to ease into the gas and its just flat, still at stoich basically and feels like a wet turd. This is with Advanced traction control turned off manually from inside the car. You can also see a few spots where it felt like I had completely dead pedal and others where the rpm would dip down to under 300rpm's while I'm cruising along. I guess I should raise the min TP.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    little tidbit I found during logging, if you modify the 44352 table from stock(mine was set to 107kpa across the board) and modify it to the gt500 settings you'll get an inferred map reading, not exactly sure how accurate it is but doesn't appear to have hurt or helped in modifying it other than being able to see above 107kpa through the scanner.

Advanced Tuner
    **placeholder while I reviewed the file**

When you went WOT you never actually entered PE fueling, I can see TPS is registering a WOT event, how ever your fueling is still stoich...

Try logging using these channels...I posted these a while back, but they should have most of the channels we need to see.
    Last edited by Jn2; 12-05-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Looks like it's hitting the trans truction torque limit in the log i looked at. Try raising the Trans limits and the converter limit to the max values.

IPC map max probably needs to be raised in the upper load/rpm area.

Lower the WOT enrichment pedal to something lower than 60-70 at low rpm.

Also raise the borderline timing tables in the lower RPMs in the MP5,6,7 and MP OP load ranges above 1.10 to something higher.
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 12-05-2017 at 04:58 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thank you for the advice guys, I'll pick up tomorrow where I left off.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    IPC map max probably needs to be raised in the upper load area.
    are you referring to 33313? if so I've already raised this 40 % from stock in the upper load area

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    are you referring to 33313? if so I've already raised this 40 % from stock in the upper load area

Yours i saw 129kpa which i'm sure you're over 4psi. I usually go a lot higher so it's never an issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ok so the plot thickens, in order to try and rule out a few things I removed the supercharger belt and threw in a quick & dirty tune for the injectors & BAP, had to rescale the maf nearly 50% as the s trims were way off at initial startup with the stock maf table. Drives ok I guess but if I go wot the car falls on its face as you can see at 1m4s into this log, I'm wot and the car is losing speed lol, its like the TB started closing or something but I don't see anything that would suggest that and nothing in the log looks off so far that it should do that, no dtc's, no wrench light, no misfires, no nothing. Car literally ran fine before the procharger/injectors and that is ALL I added. The brisk plugs were installed a month ago and I had no such issues.

Senior Tuner
    I would say 3.00 lb/min fuel flow full on threshold limit ([ECM] 21539) is way too high. lower it from the stock .8 if anything, .7 or .65.

That would basically be saying don't up the duty cycle of the fuel pump until 33lb/min of airflow at WOT. Making the injectors work harder then needed.
    Last edited by murfie; 12-05-2017 at 11:20 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We recommend changing the high speed threshold in the tune (under Returnless fuel pump) from 0.80 lb/min to 3 lb/min (see below) on blower cars. On naturally aspirated cars this value can be raised to 4-5lb/min for NA tunes and lowered back down to 2-3lb/min on the nitrous tune. The same values would be recommended for cars running E85

https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-P.../vmpamppnp.htm

Senior Tuner
    They want to prevent pressure spikes in the middle of pulls, by moving the threshold, right to the commanded fuel flow in the middle of a pull....? You would have hit it somewhere in the 6000 RPM range if you kept going.

3lb-min fuel flow.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 12-05-2017 at 11:38 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'll be happy to remove the BAP, literally takes 30 seconds and flash that table back to stock to test.

Senior Tuner
    They may be right that 3 Lb/min is a good spot to start, where the pump starts to drop rail pressure and should switch to full on with the BAP, But that would take re working the inferred rail pressure tables and their axis's as well.

If you look at the pressure low table right at .8 flow pressure drops below 55PSI, hence the threshold is set there. If you look at the normal inferred table the axis starts at .8. Having the threshold at 3lb/min with the stock inferred rail tables the ECU thinks fuel rail pressure is dropping until 2lb/min where it flat lines at 53.6. After 3lb/min you would have a small bump to 53.9 and it would drop to 52.9 as you approached 4lb/min. That is much lower than the fuel pressures you are actually seeing with the BAP. That's why you are getting 5 fuel cut's a second and the car shudders and bogs.

rail pressures.PNG

Then your injector data multipliers only accommodate up to 60psi. I've heard multiple values of the upper limit in the return less system from 58PSI to 70 psi. I would go with 70 psi and find the injector data with multipliers that accommodate up to 70 psi. Then its just a matter tuning the fuel flow to pressures that keep your airflow/fuel flow ratio around your actual air fuel ratio and avoid large oscillations.

Flow ratio.PNG

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Murfie, just an FYI removing the BAP did not help, with that said I believe I figured out what it was, appears to be the fact that in that file I have the driver demand tables set to stock, I took a new scan today and when it happened thats where the tq source was coming from, not sure why it didn't show yesterday, maybe the polling intervals weren't close enough or something.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    They may be right that 3 Lb/min is a good spot to start, where the pump starts to drop rail pressure and should switch to full on with the BAP, But that would take re working the inferred rail pressure tables and their axis's as well.

If you look at the pressure low table right at .8 flow pressure drops below 55PSI, hence the threshold is set there. If you look at the normal inferred table the axis starts at .8. Having the threshold at 3lb/min with the stock inferred rail tables the ECU thinks fuel rail pressure is dropping until 2lb/min where it flat lines at 53.6. After 3lb/min you would have a small bump to 53.9 and it would drop to 52.9 as you approached 4lb/min. That is much lower than the fuel pressures you are actually seeing with the BAP. That's why you are getting 5 fuel cut's a second and the car shudders and bogs.

rail pressures.PNG

Then your injector data multipliers only accommodate up to 60psi. I've heard multiple values of the upper limit in the return less system from 58PSI to 70 psi. I would go with 70 psi and find the injector data with multipliers that accommodate up to 70 psi. Then its just a matter tuning the fuel flow to pressures that keep your airflow/fuel flow ratio around your actual air fuel ratio and avoid large oscillations.

Flow ratio.PNG
    good information HOWEVER, that 5 fuel cuts per second was because the fuel cut pid for my os id was wrong, we fixed it in today's beta basically it was switching with every crank wheel tooth