Thread: no ve table but have pe table

Potential Tuner

no ve table but have pe table

hi im new at this and have been wanting to learning tuning for along time now . just got my pro kit the other day and have been messing around with my 2008 5.3 silverado i just put a cam in . my first question is everything im reading tells me to adjust on the VE table but my truck has a E38 ecm and doesnt have it . do i adjust it on th e PE table using the same method ? thanks for any help you guys can give me -Jason

You're right, there is no primary VE table. That is something found in the GEN 3 computers.

The E38 and like computers on the GEN 4 or 5 platform use VVE or Virtual VE. That is found under the edit tab.

There is far more to change that just the VE or VVE table when it comes to cam swaps. The Power Enrichment table(s) are something you only set once and never alter again for tuning (unless you finished tuning and wish to run a leaner or richer AFR). An example being that you want to run 12.3 AFR in PE, you set that and leave it. Next would be tuning the airflow model (MAF/VVE) to make the actual AFR match the commanded AFR using a wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You're right, there is no primary VE table. That is something found in the GEN 3 computers.

The E38 and like computers on the GEN 4 or 5 platform use VVE or Virtual VE. That is found under the edit tab.

There is far more to change that just the VE or VVE table when it comes to cam swaps. The Power Enrichment table(s) are something you only set once and never alter again for tuning (unless you finished tuning and wish to run a leaner or richer AFR). An example being that you want to run 12.3 AFR in PE, you set that and leave it. Next would be tuning the airflow model (MAF/VVE) to make the actual AFR match the commanded AFR using a wideband.
    thanks for the info it helped out a lot . love this software and am slowly getting use to how adjustment will affect thing . thanks again for your help