Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chasing Power in a C5

Timeslips from our most recent trip to Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR). He is 0791 and I am 6839:

We have a Dynojet 224XLC in house that we tune with. It lets us run a car up to 200mph and records 2000hp and 2000tq and has an eddy current load unit to simulate real world conditions and aid in tuning.

All that I have done with My Corvette can be seen here: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...-tuning-79930/

And here: https://www.superchargerforums.com/t...too-hard.9159/

Most of everything is in there. But I am a Corvette mechanic at a Corvette shop for a whole decade now. My c5 is like no other. Seriously, My Corvette be like..

Batten down the hatches
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Amazing build. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Silli; 06-14-2020 at 04:05 AM.
    C5 2003 Jap import

Tuner in Training

Lol

I hate reviving old threads, but in this case I just had to...

"Autowiz",

Wow it is indeed a small world... I can't seem to find it now but you posted a pic of a 2004 Conv. C5 with a LSX376 and TVS2300 that you built and tuned... Car apparently put down 501hp with a TVS2300 although the stock motor puts out 476hp (??)... Was this on 2 psi of boost??!

Long story short, I saw your shop name "VETTE XPERTS" in Pompano Beach, FL. then the videos and pics of the car and was like wait a minute...THIS car is in my garage!!! And boy is it one f***ed up mess. In all honesty, I understand you are a certified tech just like me (I'm also diesel cert. as I work on big rig engines as well) but wtf where you thinking when...

1. You mounted the boostapump very close to the header (I could fry an egg on it after 20 mins, boost reference hose to boostapump very loose probably cos of heat and you will see why I say this)

2. Knock Sensor wire on driver side touching downpipe and fried wire, passenger side partially melted off with connector half gone from heat.

3. Starter wire that comes directly from battery partially melted from being so close to header (??? - Do you guys know anything about HEAT over there??!?? lol) - this explains the slow crank I assume.

4. A couple of other things, can't think of cos I'm astounded I found the guy that put it together lol

To sum it all up, the hose from the bandaid-boostapump came off I assume mid boost, leaned out and caused some damage. The car is currently being built THE RIGHT WAY - front to back, top to bottom) - engine, drivetrain, wiring, fueling, electronics and sure as hell will not be making 501hp lol.

If you gonna do something, even for a customer, do it right or don't do it at all. Not half assed just for a paycheck.

I will post a video for you when we are done gettin this mess running right

*Quick hint for you when doing FI builds - Do include a boost gauge and wideband gauge in the cost, also suggest a fuel pressure gauge if you can. Why leave your customer blind like that??
    Last edited by fastloud; 08-08-2021 at 02:17 PM.