Thread: please check my tune.. timing so low, very slow 0-60mph

Tuner in Training

please check my tune.. timing so low, very slow 0-60mph

im helping a friend with his tahoe, somebody else tuned a week ago made a mess and played with everything, now im trying to get fixed but im kinda newbie on this.. i dont know why is the timing advance so low even where is no knock, the throttle response is very very slow, dont even spin tires in the dirt... please anyone check the tune and helpme out, ill appreciate alot.

Tuner in Training
    im sorry i cant find how upload the files

Advanced reply, add attachments.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ivan tahoe 07 tune 3 cascabeleo.hpt tahoe.hpl im was in other type of view of the site.. but here is ivan tahoe 07 tune 3 cascabeleo.hpttahoe.hpl

Way too rich for a NA motor. Being too rich can be just as bad as being too lean. Why would someone think 11.0-11.4 was a great spot for a NA 5.3. They do that from the factory with a lot less timing to speed emission friendly and cylinder temps down. The wideband is in the log but not working.

Lean it out to the low 12's in power enrichment. See what it's like. Timing may or may not need adjustment from there. 25 degrees might be too much, it may only 22-23 but it's hard to say.

Looks like the last WOT pull you tried had tons of knock, some may be burst knock but it wasn't logged. It's not going to take off fast or spin the tire when it's running zero or even slightly negative timing. You also have the IAT spark advanced removing 3-4 degrees of timing based on the intake temps. I'd also zero out the AFR spark correction table because the high/low octane tables were already changed, that table is going to add even more timing in WOT that can cause you even more knock from unwanted timing being added.

Those are just things I see. I surely would have done the tune much differently. In fact I would have left most of it stock and changed maybe less than half of what was changed already.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thank you for your reply, im going to check all that you said, but im wondering why im hearing knock when hit the pedal to wot from 0 mph if the spark is so low and pe is so rich?