Thread: help! PE not enabling when commanded

Potential Tuner

help! PE not enabling when commanded

have been doing some light throttle accel and some wot accel and i noticed in my scanner my pe is enabling around 15% above what my table is set to.
    im logging this by PE enable and commanded eq.
    has it anything to do with the MAP (set to 15), ramp in is at 2, and delay is 2000 which i assume the engine needs to be above.
    im using vcm3.6 and e38.
    just cant find any other tables like maybe a ect or iat adder for pe.

Do you have the log file and tune?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    pe was meant to be enabled at 48% between 0 and 4500rpm

Potential Tuner
    heres my tune, FYI im a total beginner.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The OEM PE enable is based solely on Throttle which is why the RPM is 300 and the MAP is 15. Also, the Throttle setting for an E38 isn't the TPS% you are logging, rather its the throttle percentage minus the idle contribution. So when you see 48% in the table you are really enabling at a TPS% of 65% or more. Increase the MAP 15 kPa to 85 and lower the Throttle to like 8% or approximately a TPS% of 35. Also set the delay to zero even though the truck OS's are the only ones that use the delay...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

These vehicles don't technically use the TPS value that you are logging. You should be able to log a PE TPS or TPS PE channel to see what it uses to enter enrichment. I normally change up a settings to work a slightly different way. I raise the KPA enable to like 80-85 instead and keep the HOT enable lower, this way I'm normally always above the "TPS" value and just waiting to hit the KPA value to drop right into enrichment.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok thanks ill give that a go.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    These vehicles don't technically use the TPS value that you are logging. You should be able to log a PE TPS or TPS PE channel to see what it uses to enter enrichment. I normally change up a settings to work a slightly different way. I raise the KPA enable to like 80-85 instead and keep the HOT enable lower, this way I'm normally always above the "TPS" value and just waiting to hit the KPA value to drop right into enrichment.
    The OEM PE enable is based solely on Throttle which is why the RPM is 300 and the MAP is 15. Also, the Throttle setting for an E38 isn't the TPS% you are logging, rather its the throttle percentage minus the idle contribution. So when you see 48% in the table you are really enabling at a TPS% of 65% or more. Increase the MAP 15 kPa to 85 and lower the Throttle to like 8% or approximately a TPS% of 35. Also set the delay to zero even though the truck OS's are the only ones that use the delay...
    Isn't thay what I just posted?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Probably posted at the same time or something, it doesn't always refresh the page if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Probably posted at the same time or something, it doesn't always refresh the page if that happens.

[email protected]