Thread: Need help finding misfire! Possible corruption of tune.

Potential Tuner

Need help finding misfire! Possible corruption of tune.

Hi so I would greatly appreciate some help figuring out what?s going on with my car.

So, there is a misfire on cylinders 4, 6 and 8. The spark is weak on those cylinders and a noid light shows every injector is seeing a signal from the PCM. So far I have replaced the plugs, wires, ignition coils, a few injectors and made no change. I thought it could be the PCM so I used the VCM suite to load my tune onto a new computer and the misfires followed it.

My car uses the Turbonetics T76 turbo kit as well as a mild cam good for boost and all the supporting mods. The car was tuned on e85 by Levin Motorsports in FL but it doesn?t use a flex fuel sensor. So my problem started after I couldn?t get to e85 and ran 93 through it. It starting misfiring and flashing the stabilitrac message, so I reset the computer by pulling the neg battery terminal. That temporarily made it run well but then within a week, resetting the computer made no change.

Can anyone please tell me if it?s possible that I corrupted the tune on the car?? Because I am at my wit?s end and don?t trust any shop to work on the car aside from the shop that did the tune and I live 3 states away from them.

How's the wiring?

Is the coil pack harness pins all in there tight? Have you checked the grounds on the cylinder head and transmission?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yes the harness is intact still. I went through every wire I could reach to look for shorts but didn’t find any. The main grounds from head to body and frame to motor are okay, I didn’t find any frayed wires anywhere yet.

I should have added that the car is a 2010 Camaro SS with the 6.2L and manual 6 speed. Also, I did not find any vacuum leaks anywhere and I also did not find any broken valve springs, the car has comp dual beehive type springs.