Thread: VE Tuning L4big pcm (2000 s10 2.2)

alpha N VE Tuning (2000 s10 2.2)

was trying to set up a histogram for ve tuning on my 2000 s10 with the L4big pcm and noticed first off theres like 4 areas within the main ve (idle,high rpm,low rpm double fire,low rpm single fire,and low rpm coastdown) and if that wasnt confusing enough,the idle and low rpm coastdown ve graphs are in kpa x rpm which I'm familiar with and understand,but the high rpm,low rpm double fire and low rpm single fire graphs are in throttle position x rpm..which kinda confuses me a bit..after a bit of research I found this is a "alpha n" tune (news to me lol) so my questions are,which portions of the ve do I actually need to tune(high rpm,low rpm single or double fire)? and how would I set up a histogram/tune the ve portions measuring in throttle position x rpm(high rpm,low rpm single/double)? I attached some not so good pics showing what I'm referring to as well as the tune file.. EDIT

s10 ve2.jpgs10 ve1.jpgs10 ve.jpgs10 ve 3.jpgs10 ve4.jpgs10 ve4.jpg s10 tune.hpt
    Last edited by BMFIROC-Z; 12-06-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    all of them....
    register wideband afr in the channels list along with commanded afr and then you can use maths-afr error as a histogram plot.
    set up axis to match those tables values and units. let the copy and paste do the rest.

as for tuning help make sure any tables that have overlapping data points you must use the same values in the overlapping regions.
    ex: table 1 states value of 41 for cell 3200 rpm and 45 % tps.....if table 2 has similar axis then you need to look for cell 3200 rpm and 45 % tps and make sure its also set to 41.

the decel table is the only one that isn't immediately necessary to calibrate.

also try making custom filters for each table to prevent data from getting messed up on the parts that overlap.
    like if your low rpm table goes from 500-3500 rpm and your high rpm table goes from 3000-6500 then exclude all data from 3500 rpm and above from the low rpm histogram and include only 3500 rpm and above data on the high rpm histogram.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 12-07-2017 at 01:33 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman