Thread: Issues after cam install in 2015 Scat Pack

Issues after cam install in 2015 Scat Pack

I had a local shop install a Modern Muscle NSR cam, Hellcat lifters and upgraded pushrods into my 2015 Scat Pack A8. The shop is very reputable; however they are primarily GM.

The car ran excellent on the 70 mile drive home on Tuesday and ran good on Wednesday until I got about 1/2 way to work. I decided to do a my first WOT kick down (only to 6,200 rpms) and I immediately started getting a pretty bad miss at part throttle.

The car idles decent, although the miss is still present, and the engine seems quite. Power feels good in-between misses and the miss is present at part throttle and during a 5th gear WOT pull.

My STFT / LTFT histogram shows the car is really pulling fuel at basically all fuel mass points; however I'm not getting any codes.

I want to lean toward the tune, but it seems so odd that it started acting up right after a WOT pull.

For tuning, the tuner only adjusted the intake / exhaust min and max under the cam tables (removed 10* max and added 10* to the min).

He also turned off NN, tweaked the part thottle spark tables, VE tables and idle torque throttle tables.

That is pretty much all he did, as I compared the current tune to my pre-cam tune.

So... do you guys think it is the tune or a mechanical issue? It's getting air, so it has to be fuel or spark related.

Tuner in Training
    From what I keep reading, the newer cars act funny with the NN turned off, unlike the older (2013-) Hemi cars.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 11challenger View Post
    From what I keep reading, the newer cars act funny with the NN turned off, unlike the older (2013-) Hemi cars.
    Not true. I tune all the latest stuff with NN off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Not true. I tune all the latest stuff with NN off.
    Do you have a feeling whether this is the tune or mechanical? My initial fear was a broken valve spring, but both banks exhibit fuel trim issues, so I really want to point to the tuning.

The biggest puzzle to me is why it started running poorly immediately after I did my first WOT attempt.