Thread: What is causing TCC to Lock up?

Advanced Tuner

What is causing TCC to Lock up?

I am completely lost as to why TCC is not following the tune.

See file "Won't Unlock"
    At the beginning of the attached log the ECU has full control. At 2:13 in to the run I force TCC unlocked and it is that way until I keyed the truck off.

Symptoms
    1) It wants to command lock up before it is even out of 1st gear
    2) It should not be commanding lock up in 2nd until at least 67mph and at 87-100% TPS - Yet it does
    3) Once lock up is commanded, it wont unlock in 2nd (let alone any gear excluding 1st) even though TCC Release TPS is very low
    4) while Shift Lock is disabled in the tune, TCC is still locked during up/down shifts making them very firm. If I force TCC unlocked it up shifts much more friendly.

Next ride I am going to max TCC apply speed for 2-4 just to see if it keeps it from locking all together.

Being this is a 4L80E swap, is there anything that I missed regarding the brake pedal wiring to PCM? IE does the 4L80E require a different signal from brake pedal to ECU. I ask this as I noticed what appeared to be lock up command when taping the brakes. See file "to Los Lomas"

1) At 1:21 in the log is where I first noticed this. TCC was at aprox 64% when I tapped the brakes and it spiked to 99%
    2) I then rode the throttle slightly while tapping the brakes from 1:43 to 2:23. Every time I tap the brakes TCC % spikes. I let off the brakes and it drops %, touch the brakes and it spikes again.

As an FYI, the 80E segment swap is from my buddies 2002 HD 4WD.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Ok more info..

New tune has converter commanded to stay unlocked:
    1) All apply speeds for gears 2-4 are set to 253mph
    2) TCC Release TPS is set to 0%

You can see TCC is commanded to lock up in the first 0:55, after that I force TCC unlocked via VCM controls.

I cant think anything else that would be commanding TCC lock up yet it is clearly commanding it and still before it even makes the 1-2 shift. TCC will stay unlocked when commanded via VCM controls.

Why is the verter trying to lock with this tune?
    What am I missing?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Was the OS ID the same from the donor PCM to your PCM for the 80E segmet swap?

I have seen a lot of TCC issues and shifting problems from bad segment swaps.