Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 Challenger Scatpack Active Exhaust

Advanced Tuner
    Downloading new version 3.7.1230, keeping fingers crossed.

Advanced Tuner
    Steven i can confirm the PID's are now in the scanner in the 1230 version, thanks a lot.
    Of course today was the day i left my devoice at home, so i won't be able to log anything until get home tonight. i should be able to provide some feedback tonight or tomorrow morning.

Active_exhaust_Scanner_PIDs by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

Advanced Tuner
    Playing with active exhaust now that i can see the blade position, thanks HPT.
    Active exhaust seems to follow a PID caled "final throttle torque request", or at least is the closest thing i can correlate the blade opening/closing with the the eng torque values in the bank 1 or 2 tables.

By default the blades are fully open per the tables Bank 1 and 2 Position, then past 3 mph (per the normal min speed value), the blade will open and close to whatver values you command in the bank1/2 tables.

I've changed that normal min speed value from 3 mph to 0, and now active exhaust starts with whatver values i have in my normal tables, push the switch to Sport, and the blades now open in full from idle, 1st need accomplish

Now i'm using RPM and torque to command the blades full closed (0%, but i'd imagine the blades must have a hole in the middle, they can't be fully closed or the exhaust will choke) when the engine starts, so i can tame the cold start, right now i installed some Magnapacks mufflers this past weekend, looking for more rich exhaust notes, and to my dismay, my exhaust became even quieter than before, so i'd go back to the dynomax minis i had before, except that now that i don't have the factory resonators, i'd figure it'll be quite loud, so the idea is to use Normal mode to make it less louder, and i want to tame the cold starts, i can notice the difference between 0% and 100% at idle now, and i'm trying to use the engine torque upon a cold/hotstart to command the blades at 0% during starttups, then 30% at normal idle, when in normal mode, which is default settings, when i press sport, the blade will open to 100% from idle, so it's working very nicely, now i need to fine tune the blades opening under the torque values i want.

Again, thanks so much to HPT for making this possible, you guys do rock.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Playing with active exhaust now that i can see the blade position, thanks HPT.
    Active exhaust seems to follow a PID caled "final throttle torque request", or at least is the closest thing i can correlate the blade opening/closing with the the eng torque values in the bank 1 or 2 tables.

By default the blades are fully open per the tables Bank 1 and 2 Position, then past 3 mph (per the normal min speed value), the blade will open and close to whatver values you command in the bank1/2 tables.

I've changed that normal min speed value from 3 mph to 0, and now active exhaust starts with whatver values i have in my normal tables, push the switch to Sport, and the blades now open in full from idle, 1st need accomplish

Now i'm using RPM and torque to command the blades full closed (0%, but i'd imagine the blades must have a hole in the middle, they can't be fully closed or the exhaust will choke) when the engine starts, so i can tame the cold start, right now i installed some Magnapacks mufflers this past weekend, looking for more rich exhaust notes, and to my dismay, my exhaust became even quieter than before, so i'd go back to the dynomax minis i had before, except that now that i don't have the factory resonators, i'd figure it'll be quite loud, so the idea is to use Normal mode to make it less louder, and i want to tame the cold starts, i can notice the difference between 0% and 100% at idle now, and i'm trying to use the engine torque upon a cold/hotstart to command the blades at 0% during starttups, then 30% at normal idle, when in normal mode, which is default settings, when i press sport, the blade will open to 100% from idle, so it's working very nicely, now i need to fine tune the blades opening under the torque values i want.

Again, thanks so much to HPT for making this possible, you guys do rock.
    No problem! I wanted these tables for much the same reason you did

I will note, when I was commanding zero a lot, I managed to get my Bank 1 stuck shut and a P Code (1217 I think) indicating it. I had to get under the car and take the actuator off, manually "break" the valve back free and reinstall the actuator. I dunno if I just got a car with a slight problem with that sides valve and thats not normal, or if its something that could happen commanding zero across all of them. I've only messed with this on 1 car, and I'd like to think ANY value is safe to send or else Dodge would've put limits in, but you never know with Dodge
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    No problem! I wanted these tables for much the same reason you did

I will note, when I was commanding zero a lot, I managed to get my Bank 1 stuck shut and a P Code (1217 I think) indicating it. I had to get under the car and take the actuator off, manually "break" the valve back free and reinstall the actuator. I dunno if I just got a car with a slight problem with that sides valve and thats not normal, or if its something that could happen commanding zero across all of them. I've only messed with this on 1 car, and I'd like to think ANY value is safe to send or else Dodge would've put limits in, but you never know with Dodge
    Thanks for that tip Steven, I'll start comanding 5% just in case so they're not fully shut.
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-10-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Wanted to share with everyone on this Active Exhaust stuff (if your messing with it) that the "normal Max speed" setting needs to be raised to the maximum allowed value at 255mph.

I discovered today that when NOT in "Track Mode" if you leave this setting at the default of 100mph,, and you attempt to mess with the "bank position 1 & 2 settings" (as I did), not main the tables, but the two that settings are defaulted at 100% with stock values -- I found that when the vehicle gets to 100mph the active exhaust valves will go from 100% open (as they should) while at WOT,, and the PCM will bring them down to what ever value you've set in the two top settings in this section.
    I've been playing with setting these at about 8% rather then 100% because I found that on cold starts and most start-up's in general it takes a lot of "crack" and loud start-up noise out of them, especially when they have Off-road pipes, and etc.

Setting these around 8% really does the trick to tone them down on a start-up. And I learned today that they will shut to this value when the "normal Max Speed" is hit. So always set the Norm Max speed to 255mph.
    Last edited by Lidio Iacobelli; 03-17-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    If anybody else is playing with this, after much messing around and logging I find that no matter what I do startup position for the first 3 seconds is 100% open. I was trying to tame the startup like everyone else with no good results. Tried setting the default tables to 13% and setting the min mph to 0 and then setting all of the tables to 13% across the board. KOEO is 100% and remains at 100% for 3 seconds on startup then you can hear the exhaust get quieter and see the valves close in scanner. Must be another table we're missing for initial startup.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.