Thread: Need help with output file

Tuner in Training

Need help with output file

For some reason when I am done with my project an "create a video" it is producing a separate video and audio file (.m4a, .m4v). I'm sure I have something set wrong, but I can't find what. I am just looking for a standard .mp4 file that has the video and audio all in one file. Below is a screen shot of "create a video" page. I am on a Mac using OS 10.9.5

Thanks for any help

JC

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.51.jpg

The separate .m4v & .m4a files are part of the rendering process for the Mac version, but are not the final output. The very last step, where it says "Finalizing...", will combine everything into a single .mp4 file and then remove those .m4v and .m4a files.

The only time I've been aware of this process failing was if the destination storage device ran out of available space (you will temporarily need enough space to store both the .m4v/.m4a and .mp4 versions), or if the user cancelled the render process early. Although the "Finalizing..." step generally doesn't take too long on newer systems with an SSD, it may take some time on conventional hard drives, or especially network shares or other external storage (SD cards, USB sticks, etc).

Tuner in Training
    Storage space was the problem. Thanks for the help.

JC