Thread: ELM 327 and Torque Pro working with HP Tuners PCM

Potential Tuner

ELM 327 and Torque Pro working with HP Tuners PCM

I'm attempting to use Torque Pro to use as digital gauges for a LS1 swap in my Nissan 240SX. I ended up with two ELM 327 bluetooth sending units, and have confirmed they both work by testing them on a 2013 Nissan Altima and Mercedes-AMG C63, connected to an older Droid 4 phone. When I attempt to connect the ELM 327's to my PCM out of a 2001 Trans Am, it doesn't appear the PCM and ELM 327 are communicating. The OBD2 port is confirmed to work, as the tune using HPTuners was completed through the current wiring harness/OBD2 port. Has anyone run into issues with running Torque Pro on GM PCM's or on PCM's using HPTuners? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Did you check all the pins in the connector? Some scanners use different ground pins in it. Just an idea

Potential Tuner
    Update. I purchased an OBDLink MX Bluetooth from Scantool.net, and it works fine now. I'll just assume it was due to the cheap ELM unit.

Potential Tuner
    The elm units suck for datalogging, especially on Fords. I don't think you can do high speed on GM, but it's been a while since I