Thread: Eoit

Advanced Tuner

Eoit

Ok guys I'm just messing around with stuff here but I'm pretty sure I got these numbers correct.
    It's a 24x lt1 setup and I got curious.
    First off what it's the purpose of EOIT? I have an idea but id like clarification. Second how does it effect the car, say cold running vs warm running?
    How does it effect fuel trims ? I've read about the lean/rich spikes it has an effect.

But anyways if my table is correct what do i do with this Information? Where does it go ?And if the information isn't changed what are the side effects?
    Last edited by anniversaryss; 12-11-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    EOIT decreases the raw fuel smell in the exhaust by limiting the injection event of the injector from spraying. by delaying the event it prevents the fuel from being sprayed out the closing exhaust valve event.

this is usually a large cam issue.
    usually this nets small power gains without the use of an eddy dyno. the non dyno way is to shift the EOIT by a fixed amount and record the change in fuel trims. if the trims keep going negative then the fuel is being burnt more efficient and allowing less oxygen to pass by the o2 sensor. when it starts to have minimal effect is roughly where it should be.
    most people don't worry about this until the cam duration's start getting nasty.

IIRC Boundary is the limiting effect so anything higher than 6.5 (stock 6.0) gets limited to this value. The Normal is for Normal injection events and operates withing the Boundary Parameter. If you set Normal to 6.6 and Boundary is left at 6.5 then 6.5 is all you will get.

Almost forgot... EOIT is in reference to injection periods after TDC. Therefore, increasing this value will delay the injection towards the intake open event and away from the exhaust close event.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    My cam is 234/244 on a 110 in a 355. I probably won't have to mess with EOIT?

Advanced Tuner
    My cam is 224/230 dur .503/.510 lift. on a 112lsa. I'm running a 5.7 vortec I most certainly needed to change my eoit and netted decent low end torque gains after tuning the eoit.
    97 ext cab short bed silverado 5.7 411 swap, edelbrock 29135 intake, lightly ported 906 heads milled .035 thou. factory press in rocker studs & rockers, comp 787 retainers & stock locks, ls6 springs. Comp cams 08-503-8 T56 swap

86 SWB crate vortec 5.7/th350 The wife's truck

Advanced Tuner
    When should you tune EOIT?
    after you get the rest of the tuning down, after idle tune?
    I only ask bc you need to log injector days at idle cruise and wot.