Thread: Dodge NAG1 trans tuning

Tuner

Dodge NAG1 trans tuning

I have been reading that HPtuners can tune the NAG1 transmission. I downloaded some files from the Tune Repository, They show that they can from all of them except 2005. I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT with the NAG1. I want to tune this transmission, But from what I saw on the 2005 Magnum file from the repository, that it does not have the calibrations in it like all the others I tried. I am using the newest version of HPtuners (3.6.26). Not sure if it is a corrupted file or there isn't the ability to tune this transmission on a 2005.

Just tried all the other year Magnums. Lots of choices in the file. Just shows General tab for the 2005 Magnum. What's different?

Thanks.
    Greg
    Last edited by talldude68; 12-13-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    1999 Corvette Coupe Stock Block. Vortech Si Supercharged, Siemens 60# Injectors, High flow FP, X-Pipe, Catback.
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 Stock except CAI

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevysRUL View Post
    I have been reading that HPtuners can tune the NAG1 transmission. I downloaded some files from the Tune Repository, They show that they can from all of them except 2005. I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT with the NAG1. I want to tune this transmission, But from what I saw on the 2005 Magnum file from the repository, that it does not have the calibrations in it like all the others I tried. I am using the newest version of HPtuners (3.6.26). Not sure if it is a corrupted file or there isn't the ability to tune this transmission on a 2005.

Just tried all the other year Magnums. Lots of choices in the file. Just shows General tab for the 2005 Magnum. What's different?

Thanks.
    Greg
    It's likely that particular calibration in the repository was read prior to TCM support and therefore doesn't contain the TCM data. This is common on cars that contain separate TCMs. The last couple 05 Magnums I've done had TCM support in 3.6.26.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    It's likely that particular calibration in the repository was read prior to TCM support and therefore doesn't contain the TCM data. This is common on cars that contain separate TCMs. The last couple 05 Magnums I've done had TCM support in 3.6.26.
    Thanks for the info.

Greg
    1999 Corvette Coupe Stock Block. Vortech Si Supercharged, Siemens 60# Injectors, High flow FP, X-Pipe, Catback.
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 Stock except CAI