Thread: 2010 F150 - E-force SC'd - Can't get smooth

Potential Tuner

2010 F150 - E-force SC'd - Can't get smooth

Seems like a run of 2010 F150 issues...so I figured I should add mine.

2010 F150 - 5.4L - engine is all stock other than the Edelbrock E-force supercharger I just installed with their 41# injectors and MAF. Stock throttle body is reused. Roughed in the tune on the dyno with crappy gas and while on my way to fill it up with 93 I realized it needed substantial work to the way it drives. I've spent countless hours tweaking tables and I've gotten it "good", but not great by any means. Seems I can't log exactly what I want to see, but I'm not as fluent with HPT as I am with SCT which is what this guy wanted me to tune the truck with. I'm not married to anything right now, I just want it to drive correctly.

Typical surging happens during acceleration and I've tried my best to run the Torque/inverse tables around, but from what I can tell my scanner won't show me the tq values I need to get specific. Seems the truck wants to go WOT when I'm not even close to it with my foot, I've yet to take this truck over approx 1/2 pedal on the street.

I'm really not sure how useful my logs are, but hopefully the tune has something glaringly obvious to someone. Truck just drives horrible. When I think I'm making progress it completely jumps the opposite way and does something like start up and idle at 3,000rpms or surges like mad at 700. I've never had this much trouble with something so minimally modified.

Give me something to look at it, save the day..err, my week!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    This is the factory edelbrock EForce tune for factory TB, pulley that comes in the kit and intake setup... It's going to surge with a hot idle, but you can shoot me an email or whatever and I can send you a finished tuned version for 91 octane that has all of the problems fixed...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Am I missing something or is this 2010 in the scanner lacking the TQ values I need to be logging. I looked over GHuggin's file he was nice enough to share and implemented the changes on a new file and its better, but still way off from being right in my truck. Still going between SCT and HPT I can't seem to get the right logging for the values I'd like to be seeing so I can stop guessing and make some real progress.