Thread: EGR Readiness monitor - need help

Potential Tuner

EGR Readiness monitor - need help

Hi,
    I can't seem to get the EGR monitor to go ready. I have a 1998 4.3 in a Jeep CJ and need to get it through smog. I have a stock tune from a 98 S10 4.3, jeep has a 5 speed. I can get all the monitors ready pretty easily, except for EGR, I have driven it about 250 miles this weekend doing the >50 MPH and then let off gas and coast to below 20 dozens of times. It has worked in the past. I tested the EGR, seeing .67V closed and 4.4V at 100% open, engine stalls when the EGR is at 100% at idle, so I don't believe the intake is blocked. The engine only has about 15K miles on it. I was wondering if someone could have a look at my scan files and tell me if they see a reason why the EGR test isn't running. I have no DTCs set and the Jeep runs great. I am working with the smog referee, so I can't just disable the EGR, they want to see it complete and then go to not ready when they clear it.
    Thanks, Dan

run1.hplrun2.hplJeep 98 S10 file.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I am having a problem with a Jeep 4.3 and readiness monitors as well. I'm gonna take a look at your file and see I can find something that maybe helps both of us.