Thread: 09 G8 GT Throttle Response.

Tuner in Training

09 G8 GT Throttle Response.

I was wondering what do I adjust to help with the throttle response? When I floor it at lower speeds, it feels like the throttle only opens part way, then in a bit you can feel it open all the way. I'm guessing it's something in TM? Thanks.

Are you able to log things like torque mngt or similar to see if anything is causing part of your issue?

The tune you are working without and logs could help give an idea of what you are working with.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

check the opening rate table

Tuner in Training
    I'm running the stock tune. The lag seems to be a common issue with DBW cars, from what I've read. Wasn't sure what people are doing to get rid of it. I checked the opening rate, and they are all at 100%.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicWS6 View Post
    I'm running the stock tune. The lag seems to be a common issue with DBW cars, from what I've read. Wasn't sure what people are doing to get rid of it. I checked the opening rate, and they are all at 100%.
    Post tune?

It doesn't have anything to do with dbw tb's. I have no lag in mine but I don't have all of the torque related tables that you do. Timing could have something to do with it also.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Sure feels like it only opens about half way for a bit, before going wide open. I have a buddy with a Denali, that does the same thing as mine.

If you pin it from a low speed you are going to have traction control and possible torque mngt keeping in from ripping the tires off.

You can tune alot of it if you know what you are doing. I have no problems from like a 15-20mph roll in my in truck with the 6L80e, it downshifts and just takes off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.