Thread: mustang gt 2006 manual help needed

Potential Tuner

Post mustang gt 2006 manual help needed

hello guys....

i was looking every where to lean to tune my mustang for a while put after having some problems in my car i decided to buy HP tuner VCM suite to fix it and start my real learning in tuning world.

my car was running okay till i decided to clean my injectors and after doing that my car start running really poorly when i push the engine on the road. the engine sound changed and i think my injectors are not working good

i have 2006 ford mustang gt manual whiteout any engine mods only the cats are removed.

can any one take a look on my log and tune file and help me identifying the problem.

i see my LTFT & STFT are off for both B1 & B2, also the max value for MAF sensor is only around 22 lb/min is it normal??
    how can i decide if i have an injector problem?
    any help will be appreciated..... thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    22LB/min is not normal. I would have expected 30+.

Bank two long term fuel trims are very lean. With the low MAF values this usually means unmetered air is getting in and the ECU is adding fuel from the Error it sees its causing. Pull the driver side fuel rail and check the injector orings for damage. You can also try swapping the injectors from bank to bank to see if the problem stays on the bank or follow the injectors.

Potential Tuner
    for unmetered air checking ....

i think the best thing to do is to spray carp cleaner on the areas i suspect and see the engine rpm if the engine will respond or no.
    is there is any better ways to check it.

i will do that and update the thread.
    thanks for replaying.......

Senior Tuner
    I do no think you will find it at idle as your trims are fine at idle. It only seems to show lean at partial throttle(intermittent) or WOT. unmetered air is the most common, but it could be a weak spark plug, weak injector, or bad MAF sensor. It could be a combination of these or a number of other things that can cause lean fuel trims. Since it started after cleaning the injectors I would start by swapping banks and see if the problem is injectors or not.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mamoon View Post
    for unmetered air checking ....

i think the best thing to do is to spray carp cleaner on the areas i suspect and see the engine rpm if the engine will respond or no.
    is there is any better ways to check it.

i will do that and update the thread.
    thanks for replaying.......
    spray carb cleaner and what your STFT and front 02 sensors.

Tuning Addict
    OK, just "how" did you clean the injectors? Some cleaners aren't meant to be put into the fuel tanks if you ran it through the entire fuel system...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    If you put constant power to an injector while cleaning it you can easily ruin it

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    so i was out of town all that time ...finally i'm back :hi: and this happened.

so i got me a carburator cleaner and started spraying it around the intake and i was observing the STFT and found 2 air leakages point :yay: one at the far end of the intake driver side between the CMC plates and the manifold the other one was a bad injector O-ring in the passenger side injectors.

i opened the intake manifold cleaned it ...changed all the injector O-rings, removed the CMC plates (made my own CMC delete plates:cheers::cool:) and put every thing back together and WALLLA no air leaks any more:burnout:. now my LTFT & STFT are close to 0 (not 0 ... i know it should be close and its hard to tune it to 0 ...am i right ??:confused:)
    i tuned for the CMC delete according to this thread :

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...on-Information

now im phasing another issue.. around 3500 rpm to 4500 rpm i always have KR around 3 to 4 degrees and when this happens the engine stall and stay on the same RPM even if i have the throttle fully opened.

i tried to multiply the MBT spark and Border line spark tables to 0.9 to remove around 4 degrees from the spark advance but it stayed the same or even worse.

this is my tune and scanner files below please check it and till me what you think ..... i will be fixing AEM widband O2 sensor by tomorrow and i will update you with the scanner file.

Tuner
    With the cmc delete did you retune the cmc open/closed values associated with? There is an article in here about it and is very helpful. Google will even bring it up by typing "tuning a mustang with hptuners" I believe that is correct.
    2010 mustang GT
    680/750 self taught tuner
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of horsepower

Potential Tuner
    i changed the MBT table by copying the MBT table IMRC open and added it to base MBT table and then zeroed MBT tables IMRC closed and opened as i removed the CMC plates this is the only change that i did to the MBT tables

but finally i think i know whats happening... check the below photos and log files.

i think my injectors are faulty as you can see in below photos the engine is turning very lean when it changes to open loop operation and the ECM is requesting a richer AFR.

photo number 1 (and log 1)was loged from driver side bank, photo number 2 (and log 2) was loged from driver side bank but after i changed the injectors of the two banks together.

my fuel pressure is okay in both logs and i think the the injector signal from the ECM is also okay as when i changed the injectors between the two banks the injector behavior changed in log 2 you can see that i have some injectors leaking heavily and this is not showing in log 1.

what do you guys think ....am i right in this analysis.

if i'm going to change the injectors i'm thinking about buying 42Lb ford racing injectors. i don't have any modification on the intake or exhaust. can i tune this injectors for my current engine setup so in the future if i do any work on the engine i will not need to change the injectors again.

thanks for your help and sorry that i take too long to reply but i'm a bit busy this days and i don't got a lot of time to work on my car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.PNG (173.3 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: png 2.PNG (236.4 KB, 8 views)

Potential Tuner
    yeah i did follow the thread her to tune for the CMC delete

but i think i know whats happening... check the below photos and log files.

i think my injectors are faulty as you can see in below photos the engine is turning very lean when it changes to open loop operation and the ECM is requesting a richer AFR.

photo number 1 (and log 1)was loged from driver side bank, photo number 2 (and log 2) was loged from driver side bank but after i changed the injectors of the two banks together.

my fuel pressure is okay in both logs and i think the the injector signal from the ECM is also okay as when i changed the injectors between the two banks the injector behavior changed in log 2 you can see that i have some injectors leaking heavily and this is not showing in log 1.

what do you guys think ....am i right in this analysis.

if i'm going to change the injectors i'm thinking about buying 42Lb ford racing injectors. i don't have any modification on the intake or exhaust. can i tune this injectors for my current engine setup so in the future if i do any work on the engine i will not need to change the injectors again.

thanks for your help and sorry that i take too long to reply but i'm a bit busy this days and i don't got a lot of time to work on my car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 2.PNG (236.4 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: png 1.PNG (173.3 KB, 11 views)

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    what was the setup?