Thread: 80e segment swap help with flex fuel OS

Tuner in Training

80e segment swap help with flex fuel OS

Hi guys,

I am doing a 80e swap next week and need some help with my segment swap. The OS ID is 12619623. This is a flex fuel OS that came stock on a 2006 Sierra.

I have found some previous posts concerning this specific OS but it does not detail what was done.

Can someone help me please?

Attached is the OS.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've seen that OS come up before, not a very popular OS for the 2006 model year.

Haven't seen a like wise OS that is there for a segment swap when I've looked. You are probably going to have to switch operating systems and then find a file to use as a segment swap. It will cost you two credits. Or find another 06 computer with a OS like 12587811 or something. It has many files that match for segment swaps and the flex fuel tables are there and would only need a real sensor and to enable the tables if you wish to use them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks man.

So, what do I do? Find an OS for a 1500HD and do a write entire?

I looked at some last night and the electronic throttle tables are different, which, can brick the PCM.

Do I copy my existing values to the new tune file?

Sorry, I've never done this before and don't want to mess it up.

Unless someone can find you an OS that works for the 4L80e swap, switching OS's will be required if you want to use the segment swap feature.

Personally I'd go right back with a 2006 OS that is like the 12587811 that I posted above, it's a regular 5.3 OS like yours is. Then use the segment swapper with a like wise OS from a GMC savanna van or Express van with a 4L80e. This is just a suggestion, someone might have something better that works too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    I can swap your 12619623 o/s to 4l80 for you for a fee. If your interested send me a pm.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Unless someone can find you an OS that works for the 4L80e swap, switching OS's will be required if you want to use the segment swap feature.

Personally I'd go right back with a 2006 OS that is like the 12587811 that I posted above, it's a regular 5.3 OS like yours is. Then use the segment swapper with a like wise OS from a GMC savanna van or Express van with a 4L80e. This is just a suggestion, someone might have something better that works too.

Thanks 5FDP,

I am sending you a PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    I can swap your 12619623 o/s to 4l80 for you for a fee. If your interested send me a pm.
    PM Sent.

Potential Tuner
    did you find a solution to this segment swap issue. i have the same thing going on right now. os 12619623, cant find a 4l80e segment swap compatible.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Inge View Post
    did you find a solution to this segment swap issue. i have the same thing going on right now. os 12619623, cant find a 4l80e segment swap compatible.
    @mecanicman

[email protected]

I?ve been running his segment swap for almost 2 years without issue.