Thread: junkyard pcm OS change

junkyard pcm OS change

i've got a friend with a 2010 silverado. he needed a new pcm, and got one used from a junk yard, the part number is exactly the same. but its for a 2 wheel drive avalanche with a 5.3, his is a 6.0 4x4. Can i read his current pcm and do a write entire to the new one? will that do the whole OS? and i would only need credits for the new pcm right? i'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find it. thanx
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

You'd have to read his PCM, license the file. Then read the new PCM, license that file and then try the write entire and hope nothing goes wrong.

Or just take his new used computer to the dealership and have them flash the computer to match his VIN. I'd take it to the dealership if I was him.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    easiest thing to do is get the dealership to flash it with the vin and correct OS. You can do it yourself if you want to turn off all of the checks and security stuff in there. The VIN must be present to do a hard write with the 6.0 OS.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.