Thread: 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel 3.0

Sharmz

2017 Ram 1500 Rebel 3.0

How far off is support for 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel 3.0 EcoDiesel, i woild like to tune my shop truck soon as possible.

Surprised no one else is trying to roll some coal with me
    Last edited by Sharmz; 12-29-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Nobody has figured out how to flash the PCM without removing it and opening it up yet. Its been a few years and it still cant be done it doesn't look good.

There are a few companies that offer a PCM exchange service that's about as good as it gets for now. Unfortunately

Sharmz
    today i looked at ECU, its BOSCH EDC17 C79 (i think)!!! lol bonus, i happen to be pretty good with bosch, can be done via BDM, or tri-core boot, i was going to get angry but now im happy its got the VW ecu lol, also if u want some info on now to do this ecu via obd2, PM me and i can tell u how with a cheap $20 passthru cable (asssume it is EDC17 C79)
    Last edited by Sharmz; 12-31-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharmz View Post
    today i looked at ECU, its BOSCH EDC17 C79 (i think)!!! lol bonus, i happen to be pretty good with bosch, can be done via BDM, or tri-core boot, i was going to get angry but now im happy its got the VW ecu lol, also if u want some info on now to do this ecu via obd2, PM me and i can tell u how with a cheap $20 passthru cable (asssume it is EDC17 C79)
    How?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCE View Post
    Nobody has figured out how to flash the PCM without removing it and opening it up yet. Its been a few years and it still cant be done it doesn't look good.

There are a few companies that offer a PCM exchange service that's about as good as it gets for now. Unfortunately
    www.Sofakingtuned.com figured it out!

Alientech just released obd2 support for it. They didn't figure it out themselves.