Thread: 5.3L Swap - No start - Any help appreciated

Potential Tuner

5.3L Swap - No start - Any help appreciated

I have a friend that has put a 5.3L in a 2010 Nissan Titan. I have been trying to help him get this thing going. It's a flexfuel 2005 5.3L out of an Avalanche, with matching ECM. He did the install with a PSI harness. He has been through the harness several times, and says everything is as it should be, from verifying coil connections are not swapped, to making sure appropriate ignition wires are hot in run and start. We have had it fired up for a couple seconds on starting fluid. It sometimes may fire a cylinder or two, but just won't take off. I have disabled the VATS. I tried selecting "none" for the VATS, as well as "PWM" (combined with removed the appropriate DTCs). Nothing seems to work. Fuel pressure is good as well.

I did notice today, that when cranking, the injector average pulse widths for both banks would cycle from 1.0 mS to ~53 mS, then back and forth. On the first attempt today, it seemed like it wanted to fire every time the pulse widths got into the 50's. He does just have the primary O2's plugged in, but not in the exhaust, as there is no exhaust on it yet. I wouldn't think that would keep it from an initial fire up though.

I know there are a bunch of sharp folks on here, and greatly appreciate any assistance you may be able to lend. This is my first experience with a swap, as I usually just do some basic tuning...but never often enough to get good at it. haha.

Here is the tune, and a short log of two start attempts:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    System-General-VATS Control...set to none