Thread: .csv logfiles open in VCM Scanner?

.csv logfiles open in VCM Scanner?

Hey
    is there any possibility to open/show a .csv Logfile collected/saved from other tuning interface in VCM Scanner?
    Thanks

Yes, I do it all the time. Pull data from AEM and use HPT to display.

does it need a special format? mine does not work.
    Stage3 98 v401+ECU Mapping_171229114303.csv

Take a log from HPT and export it to CSV. It will show you the format. Has to match layout EXCAT. You can add or remove columns as log as header for column is right

Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Take a log from HPT and export it to CSV. It will show you the format. Has to match layout EXCAT. You can add or remove columns as log as header for column is right

Any other tips? I cannot get this to work!

I took a sample HPT log and exported as CSV. I opened in excel, and copied all the header code. I took my nGauge csv log, inserted the header code. Then one-by-one I pasted over the specific channel #'s, descriptions, and units, to each appropriate column. I even deleted columns which didn't have a match in the sample log I used.

It still won't work. VCM Scanner "opens" the log, but the channels list is blank. I even tried creating and loading my own channels list xml file, but the result is the same.

On the HPL log that I exported as csv, it will open without issue. But, if I delete some columns from that csv, it comes up blank as well.

So, I took that csv, left all the header data and columns, but deleted the actual data. I then pasted in data from my other log, in the appropriate columns, and filled in 0's everywhere else. However, when I try to open in Scanner, it also comes up blank.