Thread: Laptop wont write to PCM

Potential Tuner

Laptop wont write to PCM

We purchased HP Tuners to tune our own personal builds here at the shop and the program will not write to either of the 2 pcm's we have here. I have tried contacting support to no avail for 3 weeks now and the motor is tying up our engine dyno and we have other motors coming and need to get this one done. We are using an HP laptop with windows 10. It will read the info off the PCM fine but when you try to write back to it it attempts but gets to the writing portion and just sits there till it times out. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
    AED Performance

Hopefully they see this thread.

But for the time being, what are you working with like computer/vehicle?

Are you using the latest 3.6 software that you can download from your customer page?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It?s a 408 LQ9 on our engine dyno. Using a spear tech harness as it?s going in a 69 Chevelle. I don?t remember which PCM. And I am using 3.6

Whats your ticket #?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like 108508, Alonzo responded to the ticket requesting some information back on Dec 18th, but nobody ever responded so we assumed you resolved the issue and the ticket was closed. If thats not the case I suggest you check your spam folder or email us some details ie infolog, screenshot of the error, etc. so that we can further assist you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    No I did not get the issue resolved. I sent the requested info. And got no response. So I went back to the support email and tried again. Even messaged yall through instagram looking for help. I still have all of it. Im not looking to cause problems. I just want some support for the product we paid for. I can send the screen shots again if that will help. I just wanna get this thing tuned and off my dyno. Where do I need to send them to?
    Last edited by AEDPerformance; 01-03-2018 at 06:35 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if you are referring to ticket 108508 we didn't receive any info, please resend. Sending us messages through instagram isn't not the proper channel for assistance.

Potential Tuner
    I will resend the requested information. I was trying to exhaust every option. Thank you for the response. I?ll put the ticket number as the subject.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I responded, please check your mail.

You are using software version 3.4 which is very old so my suggestion is to start there by updating your software to rule that out. If that doesn't fix the issue let us know and we can look into it further, though if you have this ecm on a bench harness I have a feeling you might have a wiring/voltage issue of some sort.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by AEDPerformance View Post
    I will resend the requested information. I was trying to exhaust every option. Thank you for the response. I?ll put the ticket number as the subject.
    my support email went straight to my spam folder...sat there for 2 days before it occurred to me to look there. Tech has answered me usually within a day since then.