Thread: Log tune?

Log tune?

I read on here about driving and save tune log, and see the record button on the cable, but where is it saved to?
    How do I read it and understand what it recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by ACAMS View Post
    I read on here about driving and save tune log, and see the record button on the cable, but where is it saved to?
    How do I read it and understand what it recorded?
    If you have a record button on your module it means you have the MPVI PRO version of HPTuners. Assuming that the feature actually functions with your current version of the firmware, you need to go into VCM scanner, add all the parameters on the left hand side that you wish to log, ensure that they are compatible with your vehicle by connecting to it and trying to record using a laptop... if they are all compatible, you can use the MPVI Pro option in the menu bar to upload the current configuration to your module. The software will send all the parameters you're logging to the module so that when you press and hold the record button without a laptop, the internal memory will record and store all the data from the PCM. Later, you can re-connect the laptop to the module and dump the contents back onto the laptop from the same menu option (MPVI PRO). I haven't gotten it to work properly in years but that's how it works in theory.

So it is not for leaving the laptop connected and drive down the road and record what happened?

The pro version can record without the laptop but it's easier to use the laptop in the vehicle most of the time.

Any saved log in saved in your VCM scanner files on your computers, search for them and look for the logs folder.

If going to be up to you to understand what is recorded, what to record/data log and to figure out what they mean. Reading the forums, buying a few book or taking a course is my best advise. It's far too timing consuming for someone on here to go step by step or pid by pid to explain what they do and why.

I recommend taking a course provided by ERM Performance, he is a member on here and offers a nice course for new people at a decent value.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks, I will look into it.
    The reason I ask is because I have seen people ask for help and others asked to see a log file.
    I wanted to be ready when I order headers and get ready to tune for them.

Tuner in Training
    '05 GTO E40
    '01 TA

THANKS!!!!!

I found several vids I haven't seen from that link.