Thread: 4l80e swap on e40/t42 questions.

Tuner in Training

4l80e swap on e40/t42 questions.

I'm sure this has been answered, but I have been looking for a definitive answer and haven't been able to find it yet. I have an 06 TBSS that I am swapping an 80e into. From what I have read I can write entire the tcm segment of a 4.8/80e Express van after I license that file, in addition to the TBSS tune. I have seen plenty of people doing this with an e38/t42 combo, but none with the e40 and wanted to make sure before I waste two credits if it isn't going to work.

My E40 ECM OS: 1250159
    My T42 TCM OS: 24235341

4.8/4l80e File
    E40 VCM OS: 12617631
    T42 VCM OS: 24239927

Tuner in Training
    I actually ended up finding an 07 2500 suburban with a 6.0/4l80e stock tune in the repository with the same os as my TBSS (24235341) and segment swapped it. I haven't been able to try it out because I am still working on the turbo setup, but I think this should work.

Tuner in Training
    That didn't work, if anyone is curious. From what I have read the TBSS T42 won't handle an 80e segment swap for some unknown reason, but according to what I have read you can swap in a GTO T42 and then do an 80e segment swap. Any ideas?

Potential Tuner
    i swaped 2006 tbss T42 E 40 into a 1987 Silverado 4x4 segment swap 80e my file works flawless no relays or harness needed.>>>>>>>
    Last edited by duramaxcruzer; 02-19-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Senior Tuner
    seg swap it from the same year 2500 truck or avalanche.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner

i posted my file a while ago on here. I can send it to you if you like to look at it

e mail me at [email protected] i will send it to you, Al I spent a lot of time figuring this out and it work with help i received

Tuner in Training
    I'm currently in the process of putting a 4L80 into a 06 TBSS. I did the segment swap and it seemed to flash fine. I swaped U to S on the transmission bulkhead connector and left the S wire out of the connector. I'm about to move pin 45 to 26 on the TCM connector for the ISS.

My question is I see mention of a relay harness to invert the logic of something but is that required? BTW the TBSS is all put together. I started it after the segment swap but it wasn't able to move at the time as it was on jack stands. I'm hoping just the pin swaps are enough. But if I have to cobble something together I can do that as well.

Potential Tuner

4l80 swap

Quote Originally Posted by Maglin View Post
    I'm currently in the process of putting a 4L80 into a 06 TBSS. I did the segment swap and it seemed to flash fine. I swaped U to S on the transmission bulkhead connector and left the S wire out of the connector. I'm about to move pin 45 to 26 on the TCM connector for the ISS.

My question is I see mention of a relay harness to invert the logic of something but is that required? BTW the TBSS is all put together. I started it after the segment swap but it wasn't able to move at the time as it was on jack stands. I'm hoping just the pin swaps are enough. But if I have to cobble something together I can do that as well.
    Hook up vss sensor for speedo, my file is calibrated to my tires size 35 inch you will have to change that my file works flawless that's it. NO RELAY HARNESS NEEDED cant attach file e mail me i will send it to you. I got big help from member when i did this so i will good deed it to you Al [email protected]

what tcm did you have?
    408ci stroker SouthernComfort Avy