Thread: LNF Stock tune for LHU

Tuner in Training

LNF Stock tune for LHU

I am swapping my LNF for an LHU in a few days. Can I run my LNF stock tune in the interim? Can't get tuned until the summer.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, the differences in the mechanics of the engine are benign or non-existent in regards to engine control. The only thing I've read that is different is the compression ratio was increased by a tenth in the LHU/LDK. I have run stock tunes only (pure stock 0-28k miles and GMS1 clone 28k-29k miles). When I flashed the tune the only KR I saw was during part throttle by a few degrees so I assumed it was false. The only thing I've notice different is that the idle is not smooth. I've been trying to learn before messing with it, but I haven't dug into it due to lack of time and the fact that most say that tuning idle is very difficult.

Tuner in Training
    How about the larger injectors?

Tuner in Training
    ah, that would def require tune. mine is using stock LNF injectors.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by morecircles View Post
    How about the larger injectors?
    The simple fix here I think is just to scale the injector constant for the larger injectors. There may be more to it, but I think this is the most important part.

Below are the injector settings per Matt M. at ZZP. I pulled this image from a different post so credit goes to him.

opelinj.jpg
    Last edited by Jaizero; 01-04-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I dont have hptuners and my tuner is swamped. Hoping that I can limp to work on the stock tune for 2 weeks.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by morecircles View Post
    I dont have hptuners and my tuner is swamped. Hoping that I can limp to work on the stock tune for 2 weeks.

If i had to venture a guess, it will probably be running pretty rich until the injector settings are correct and the tune is dialed in. Just stay out of boost and you'll probably be fine.