Thread: Few day old instal/HPTuners Prol - Interface Not Found

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Few day old instal/HPTuners Prol - Interface Not Found

Hello!

I recently put in a support ticket ( Ticket ID: 110473 ) and I'm waiting for a response but wanted to see if anyone else has been able to resolve the issue I'm having. I have a brand new kit which I've used 2-3 times the past few days to remote tune my car. Yesterday I went to log the car but when I connected the MPVI interface via USB to my laptop (used for tuning prior the logging), I noticed there was no Windows chime letting you know you connected via USB. The interface does receive power via USB which is odd as well as via the OBDII port. I've tried 3 known working cables, two different laptops and 1 PC (the one I used to update the interface when I first plugged it in) and no luck. I'm 99.996% sure this interface is defective. I've tried connected to roughly 12 different USB ports including 2.0 and 3.0, using Windows 7 and Windows 10. I've uninstalled and reinstalled VCM 3.6 and still no luck. I have a private track rental next weekend so I'm in a bind until I hear back from support and/or figure out what's going on. Any other solutions you guys may be aware of?

Late last night I kept connecting and reconnecting the unit to the desktop that I used originally to update the interface, really out of frustration. I left it in for a few while I was browsing the FAQ and forums for help. Oddly enough, it randomly connected and I saw the USB A/B controllers in device manager. I unplugged it then plugged it back into the laptop and no connection. I plugged it back into the previous desktop on the same USB port and no connection, just power. I then tried to connect it many, many times to the laptop and it did connect, once. I left it that way since it was 12:50am in hopes I'd wake up and be able to get at least 1 log in to my tuner but I woke up and although the laptop was still on, there was no longer a USB connection to the interface.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like either something you connected to caused the issue or you in fact have a defective interface from the symptoms you are describing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    sounds like either something you connected to caused the issue or you in fact have a defective interface from the symptoms you are describing.
    Only connected to my car and the brand new laptop I used to tune it before this started to happen. Otherwise, it was connected to my main desktop because it required an update right out of the box. I've pulled the debug.dat files and sent them in. I've also contacted the reseller as it's really an issue they should probably being handling since it's a new purchase. Either way, I'm hoping for a resolution soon as I have a car down and a track rental next weekend.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    reseller won't be able to assist you, you did the right thing by contacting our support email.

Potential Tuner
    Don’t want to thread hijack but I’m having the same issue and was curious if yours had been fixed/resolved @omgzr1.... I can hear the windows chime when I plug my interface in and the power light comes on but it repeatedly says not connected to interface. I had to uninstall the drivers due to a software glitch and it hasn’t worked sense...I’ve tried 3 different laptops and multiple cords and nothing changes. Thank you

Potential Tuner
    *since

Potential Tuner
    Also I forgot this part. When I reinstalled the drivers and entered the application key it showed I had 12 credits and I had previously been out.

not to high jack your tread either but I'm having the exact same issue. they told me to email the support team and I'm waiting on a response. It really suck's as I spent good money on this device. I purchased it a few months ago but I don't think I've used it over 10 times. Like you I've also tried multiple laptops still no luck. The product is awesome, I just wished it worked long enough to enjoy.

Tuner in Training
    I just spent 650 for the pro kit plus 500 for school plus 200 to have tcm unlocked plus a new laptop and it can't find the interface.
    gen v.
    I can see the usb channels A and B on the control panel. There are no yellow exclamation points. When I try to update the drivers to the ones on the provided usb stick the operating system says the best ones are already installed.
    I can also see my application key under the VCM Suite Info button. Where it also says interface not opened: Not Found
    Ideas?
    Last edited by Steveoo; 01-14-2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: add detail

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try a new usb cable to rule that out as the issue, if that doesn't fix it try an alternate port on your laptop, if that doesn't work contact support.