Thread: 05 slow 1 second delay from on power to 0 fuel?

Potential Tuner

05 slow 1 second delay from on power to 0 fuel?

This is one thing that has bugged me about this truck since I bought it. If I lift off the throttle and push in the clutch like I normally would with everything else I own the RPM jumps up a little before dropping on this truck because it's slow to transition to off fuel. Looking at logs I get a full second from the time my foot is off the pedal to the time the transition to 0 fueling. I'd like to get rid of this delay completely, but I figured I'd ask if someone knew exactly where to point me first before I kill a day figuring it out. I've been digging through everything and for some reason this is the one thing I cannot find in there I assume it's in the governors somewhere.

I'd gotten used to the way I had my chevy diesel. The fueling adjustments happened as quickly as you could move your right foot. No torque management, no smoothing, just really good response.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, should be under diesel fueling, main injection, no throttle fueling. there was a video on you tube where the guy explained these parameters . Hope this helps

Potential Tuner
    I found those and killed them the same day my cable arrived in the mail. Those maps are the cause of the hanging issue at high rpm where it sits there for a couple seconds before starting to drop in rpm. I'm fixing one thing at a time before giving it more power. That problem was #1 on the list of annoying things I wanted to fix haha.

I should've thought about a better way to explain it. What I'm looking for specifically is the change rate limiter that is there to cushion the on throttle to deceleration transition. It's there to reduce some abuse on the drivetrain. It makes for a "nicer" vehicle to drive. Also smooths out the transition when you switch cruise control off and your foot isn't on the throttle. I just don't know why dodge decided to go with such an agonizingly slow transition.
    I know it's in Diesel Fueling, Governors, but it's a process of narrowing it down at this point. It's not Deceleration limit, Decriment fuel quantity adjustment, nor Idle transition. It has to be in the droop somewhere, but some of it seems repetitive and maybe overlap each other like some of the other limiters. It takes time making small adjustments to one thing at a time and logging to see if there's a change in the de-fueling rate.

My bet would be its controlled by PID. Change the gain setting, that effects how quickly it adds or subtracts fuel.

This is just a guess, I have never messed with it never bothered me enough.

Tuner in Training
    Skstibi, did you ever figure this out? I'm getting throttle hang and would like to tone it down some.

Buck

Banned
    Rail pressure PID tuning will help

Tuner in Training
    Could you ellaborate on the rail pressure PID tuning? I am having a hanging RPM issue when the throttle is pressed and released, fuel rate and pressure continue to climb for a second or two. Almost has a run away affect but never does, the truck has always done this stock. It is an 06 5.9 auto with 380,000 miles that im currently working a street tune for and this is the last issue i cant iron out.

Advanced Tuner
    I had an issue similar to that and I had part throttle governor disabled when it was doing that. When I enabled part throttle governor it cured it. You will have to have too high of fuel quantity in the table of course

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_axberg View Post
    I had an issue similar to that and I had part throttle governor disabled when it was doing that. When I enabled part throttle governor it cured it. You will have to have too high of fuel quantity in the table of course
    What do you mean it will have to have a high quantity? and also why is this already disabled from stock?

Banned
    It?s disabled in stock form because it isn?t used in stock form and isn?t really needed hence disabled.

Banned
    Look up cummins hybrid power governor, that?s what those tables are.
    Last edited by Jim P; 08-22-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I just looked back at that and it was a misprint. I meant to say that you will have to not have too high of fuel quantity in the part throttle governor. Doing that worked for me, I'm sure jim knows other ways to do it.