Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenger Scatapack, Throttle delay

Advanced Tuner
    Wanted to add another update to this, since i did more testing yesterday, asides from the more agressive throttle changes and TM settings i have, i removed 2* globally from my base spark and WOT spark, made my tip-in knock and burst -4* instead of -2*, (stock is -10*), and my cold launch spark is now -5* from 10* to 14* stock, haven't changed anything else, can't believe the difference REMOVING timing did, i can't explain why in the hell, but semi aggresive launches from a dead stop now have me spinning the tires like never before right from the get go, my 1st gear rolls were a lot more noticeable this morning from 3000rpm, i was letting go at 5000rpm because of how much sideways i was going, but that's not all, no-throttle to throttle WOT in 1st gear had me sideways, 3rd gear roll from no-throttle to throttle WOT was pretty instantaneous, same for the 2nd gear WOT rolls from no-throttle to throttle, i don't remember my car being like this since i started this thread.

The reason i did remove this timing is because is been hot outside all this week, and i thought i was hearing some tip-in pinging pretty much daily when rapidly giving her throttle in 1st or 2nd form low rpm, so i brought up my laptop yesterday wanting to a little more radical testing starting with lower timing values, the changes are staying this way no doubts... haha, i'm baffled by this, and i can't explain why my car is responsing this well to this changes , the way TM works in this vehicles is a damn puzzle, i just wish i knew how the damn TM system works in this cars. don't think 2* less globally will be a significant loss, and i can't pump 93* octane anyways because we don't have 93 around, so i'm stuck 91 octane, i know for a fact i won't spin the tires with the stock calibration, tc on, partial off or fully off, with my tune with little less timing and more aggresive thottle, i can spin the tires to oblivion now in Sport mode in 1st gear, and somehow i've dumbed down the traction control system in the intent for the best , but without messing the master TC swhitches, (my TC switches are on), if it's raining, my tires won't get stop by the TC system like before, if i don't lift the thottle, the tires will continue to spin, and i don't see the TC light blinking like before, i need to find out whether or not the system continues to work to prevent the car from doing donuts for example with the TC in normal or Sport.

There is a delay still from no-throttle to Throttle (Non WOT), but no-throttle to Throttle WOT, now has me snapping my head as expected, or spinning in 1st gear like i would have expected.
    Attaching the tune, and a log file with a 3rd gear example, in this instance, this is a partial jab on the throttle from 3rd gear, followed by a full stab to test the difference, in both instaces, my foot is out of the gas initially, don't see what's different in the log compared to before, but the WOT portion is facking fast now when i stomp on it if my foot is out of the gas.

3rdg_nothrottle_partial_vs_wot by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The delay seems now throttle position related, as i would expect for the most part. If i hit the gas 1/4 of its way down, then as always the thing will think for a split of a sec, then deliver it's power smoothly, but if i hit the gas say 50% or more, oh boy, inmediate power delivery, abruptly to say the least, tires will bite hard with a bark noise in 3rd gear for example, 1st gear will have me sideways, This is from no-throttle to throttle where the delay was consistent from the no-throttle position before i started this thread, i'd think this was done un purpose to avoid grandpa hitting the gas too quickly, and the action taking grandpa by surprise making him loose control of the vehicle?, maybe because it's harder on the driveline and components to have it this way?, i don't know, but the car is behaving amazing now, i'll have to be carefull driving in the rain, as she's a whole different animal, again traction control doesn't do a peep to slow the tires down if they're spinning when going straight, Normal or Sport, and that is with the ESP TqMgt master switches set to on, still hoping for a rainy day to try the ESC stuff and see if it would still prevent the car from sliding all the way around a corner, which i'ld love to have, except when i go the full off via the buttom, but if it wasn't the case.., oh well, one day i'll understand how the damn traction control work in this vehicles, Something i really miss about tunning my Pontiac G8GT, if i wanted 30% TM total, 30% is all i'll have from the PCM.

I think i can finally say i have 485hp under the hood. and i'll consider this issue resolved
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 04-18-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    And confirming the traction control settings since it rained today.
    Straight launches action, Normal and Sport: TC light blinks when the tires are being overpowered, but the PCM doesn't seem to slow down the wheels like it did in stock trim, if I give her more throttle, I get more power, and the wheels just spin harder.
    ESC still intervenes when the car is tossed in a corner, so I can't make the rear end slide in Normal mode, this is more than welcome in this mode, brakes do get into the action with superb authority, just like in stock trim, and they won't allow the car to slide out/do donuts etc,, in Sport mode, this doesn't seem to be case, brakes doesn't get applied like in Normal mode, so the rear end slides out almost like the TC is not there.

Potential Tuner
    Maybe somewhat off topic, but did you ever add your G8GT tunes to the hp tuners repository? I see references to attached files all over the place, but no actual files. Do you still have these? Could you add them to the tune repository?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkCore View Post
    Maybe somewhat off topic, but did you ever add your G8GT tunes to the hp tuners repository? I see references to attached files all over the place, but no actual files. Do you still have these? Could you add them to the tune repository?
    Don't think uploads to the repository is available. It has been offline since the website upgrade.

Tuner in Training
    So, you saw the most improvement retarding timing? I have similar issues with my 16 A8. I noticed your timing correction was similar to KR seen in your earlier logs. I think my most noticed lag is when the pcm has to “think” about KR. New to this and just started logging but have seen a lot of KR in the 12 to 1600 rpm range of 1st gear. Mine is like throttle response dead spots in the rpm range. The only thing I can tie it to so far is timing. Thanks for the post
    2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker A8-oem stock