Thread: E38 5.3 swap cant get injectors to fire!! VATS??

Tuner

E38 5.3 swap cant get injectors to fire!! VATS??

First off this isn't my first LS swap. Ive done a few swaps in older cars and trucks, one being a c10 with a 2016 DI 5.3

This is 74 caprice we are doing currently. We are using a PSI gen4 58 tooth truck harness with a 5.3/60e. Using a e38 ecu and t42 tcm with a 60e. Everything is wired up correctly, as with any other swap ive done.
    Has fuel pressure, etc.

Only thing we done internal was a dod/vvt delete. swapped in a smallish cam, ls7 lifters, and converted to a 3 bolt front cam sensor 4X sprocket.

On the tune side I disabled VATS with OS patches 1 and 2.
    Disabled all starter and clutch faults.
    Did a full "write entire"

Tried to crank and only turns over. Checked injector pulse with a noid light and no pulse. SES light stays on steady with key on and while cranking. Has 12v with ign on and while starting. fuses all look good. Good battery and grounds.

Imma scan it tomorrow and check cam and crank sensor rpm. also gonna check current "fuel cut type".

Is there anything u guys can help or come up with??? Could this possibly be a bad ECU? I have not bricked one or encountered a bad ecu yet.

here is a current tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 silverado rcsb lq4/4l80e. Custom s480 turbo setup. 93oct meth injected. SD Tuned by me.

2007 tbss ls2/4l80e. Nitrous!!! MAF Only Tuned by me.

Tuning Addict
    FPCM - needs to be none / ETC - should probably be rpm, but those are the only two that jumped out and everything else looked right? Like you said - just make sure to check for cam and crank counts / rpm signals... Then I guess make sure all of your grounds are tight and in place then technically it should be firing?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Update!

Fuel cut type = NONE
    Cam counts = 0
    Medium counts = 100-200 rpm.

Also swapped in another e38 i tubed a 6.2 swapped avalanche. Ended up with same results.

Could this be cam sensor, harness, or cam gear? I installed a 4x 3 bolt gear. Removed vvt. Reused original cover and sensor. Noticed cover was a lil bigger than a normal cover. Could sensor be to far away from gear?

Tuning Addict
    I know they're particular to air gaps. Just make sure you have proper voltages going to the sensor...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

You have to change the front cover when removing VVT. Use an LS3 front cover the sensor is way to far away from the reluctor. That being said, it should technically run without cam signal, just not very well on the startups, because it doesn't have sync. Hell I've had them run with cam signal and screwed up crank signal.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner
    Yea i think thats the issue. Imma swap to a ls2 front cover and see what happins. Thanks.