Thread: 4L80E wont shift into 6th at WOT

Tuner

4L80E wont shift into 6th at WOT

hi all.
    I know the reason the vehicle wont shift at WOT into 6th due to the tables being maxed out to 383KMH but is there any reason Gm did this?
    and is it safe to lower this back down on all WOT shifts to enable top gear?
    Vehicle is a track car 2014 VF ss 6.0L, with T43 trans controller.

My theory is that the cruising 6th gear in a 6L80e is not made for super high torque/load.

This must have some pretty crazy rear gears if you already see 6th gear on a track.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    he has 3.9 gears, and will max out in 5th at 237kmh.

Tuner
    ok so update, we have attached tune file and still no WOT shift into 6th in both sport pattern and drive. dash flashes "shift denied", to enable shift you have to come off the throttle.
    the only tables i didnt touch were the safety shifts which i had only just noticed after getting home, could this be the cause?doug VF MOD2.hpt

Tuner
    any guidance would be greatly appreciated as i have to travel 4 hours to see vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    you'll never get it to shift into 6th above 230kph is my experience.

you can be in 6th in manual mode and as soon as you hit around that speed it will automatically downshift to 5th. Ive even tested this on a 2 post hoist, does the same thing.