Thread: MAF Calibration

Tuner in Training

MAF Calibration

When running sd does the airflow vs frequency need to be set to zero?

If you are trying to tune in speed density you will want to fail the MAF within the tune.

Set the MAF fail high to 0hz, then set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error. You can choose to run with closed loop or tune in open loop with a wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    does the ses enabled need to be checked or unchecked

Tuner in Training
    SES needs to be checked, and it needs to be set to MIL on first error or No MIL. In order to properly fall into speed density the MAF code must be set.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks

Actually you do not have to check the SES box, but I leave it checked so the check engine light tells me I have failed over into Speed Density. For normal driving after the tune if the SES bothers you, you can uncheck it.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Actually you do not have to check the SES box, but I leave it checked so the check engine light tells me I have failed over into Speed Density. For normal driving after the tune if the SES bothers you, you can uncheck it.

Ed M
    So just fail the MAF by setting it to 0hz?

Don't have to disable fuel trims etc?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post

If you're using the fuel trims to tune with, then you will need them left on. Just reset the LTFT's prior to getting scans. If you are using a wideband, then your fuel trims will need to be disabled (284 degress/disable). Also reset your LTFT's before tuning with WB.

The DTC's need to be set correct too, like I already posted.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post

Ed M
    Personally, I leave the box unchecked and verify it has failed to SD with the scanner. That way if something else pops up while I'm driving around I'll know about it sooner than later.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post

You can tune with STFT's on with or without WB. I prefer the old school no trims at all, only WB approach. Always disable your LTFT's either in the tune, or with the scanner prior to logging. Make sure you reset them too if using the scanner. LTFT's are a product of corrections over time. For example, your error is 10. Your LTFT is -3 and STFT would be -7. Over time the PCM will "learn" this and the LTFT's will start to make up more of the difference i.e. LTFT becomes -8 and STFT is now -2. So you can see LTFT's always have to be disabled when tuning for fuel. You can turn them back on later if you are going back to closed loop.