Thread: '16 DI pump not keeping up on mild build loosing around 2000psi

Senior Tuner

'16 DI pump not keeping up on mild build loosing around 2000psi

Hey guys,

We got a 16 Camaro in the shop that has been giving us trouble. It is a mild pro charger build that should make 550-630 conservatively. We've done several of these and trucks already and not ran into the issue unless of course the setup was close on fueling like 650-700 rwhp. This car is only making 530ish on the dyno right now. It is done in speed density but have tried in the MAF also.

We've done a BAP and was still having a 20-30 psi drop in lift pump pressure. so we did a ZL1 intank pump. It's still missing the target but I would call it in the acceptable range at this point.

At this point we where seeing reasonable rear pump pressure but the front pump would command 2800-2900 psi make it to about 4800 RPM and fall to eventually 900 psi. So we put a new DI pump in it. No difference.

I'm starting to thing the ECM is not driving the DI pump like it should.. Maybe a bad driver in the ECM or the fuel pump lobe on the cam is bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    This car also has a issue with a Baro update in boost even with the baro sensor pulled from the MAF with a breakout harness. This is the first time I've had a issue with this also. I'll be making a separate post but you can see the baro voltage at the bottom not changing under boost but the baro reading climbing to 108ish.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs