Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to introduce popping on decel??

DECEL pops

If your looking for decal pops I can help, I'm actually working on fine tuning it for my car but I do have it and its nice and (loud) as I have it setup. Basically the Part throttle table controls some decel until idle takes over. I can post my tune and you can look into the part throttle table to see what changes I made. mine are less occurring and more smooth but still there quite a bit, too much will cause shaking and bad vibrations. I even had it where it will hold or rev up without any throttle input so be careful!

HotTune_TestCorrections.hpt

FYI - Do not use this tune for your vehicle! just use the part throttle table to help, my tune is setup for my car only and will do damage to other setups.

AVM,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I'm going to look into this for my vehicle also.....
    I've been interested in this as i have some factory rumble to it, but when I hear other "exotics" next to me revving in neutral in an ATX vehicle and they have the popping on letting off the throttle it makes me want to sit there and do the same thing to show there exotic is not the only one that can do it....lol

Quote Originally Posted by brr View Post
    AVM,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I'm going to look into this for my vehicle also.....
    I've been interested in this as i have some factory rumble to it, but when I hear other "exotics" next to me revving in neutral in an ATX vehicle and they have the popping on letting off the throttle it makes me want to sit there and do the same thing to show there exotic is not the only one that can do it....lol
    No problem, I'm more then happy to help you get the sound you want! I'm working on perfecting my Base map right now so I don't get constant popping on decel or any surging issues. So far so good Just remember, more timing retard louder pops...but if you do it when the car sits in an RPM range it will either pop non stop or surge. Also make sure you change min spark table to same timing or lower so it will go that low. Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Rich usually just results in an elevated idle until you go so rich that the engine bogs from too much fuel. I have experienced said deceleration backfires with lean conditions also, running in the 16.5:1 to 18:1 range.

Another way of doing it is to retard the timing quite far during decel conditions.
    Hi

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Y View Post
    Hello,

What is the best way to introduce popping on decel on a 6.1 SRT?
    How can I control it??

(What I mean is the exhaust pooping sound)

Does it consume more fuel?

Thank you,
    Hey man, send me a log that has decal in it and your tune, im working on the same thing and my problem is nothing clearly defines a decal table for spark...however if you watch your log when you let off the spark timing should drop and the injector should shut off.

Tuner in Training
    imo, part of that effect is from the exhaust tips literally being on the can of the muffler.

A larger tubed free flow muffler does this whether you want it to or not in my exp. and I'm also not a huge fan of a bunch of back rapping pops.

Still think targeting DFCO as suggested will help you get there.