Thread: Stall when shifting from gear to p/n

Stall when shifting from gear to p/n

My 6.0 l96 with 236/246 110 cam and headers trys to stall when I go from reverse or drive to park or neutral. Some times it dies, other times it dips to 4-500 rpm and quickly comes back up. I don't have a log or my tune on hand right now but will post them later.
    It goes from p/n to gear perfect just not the other way around. I've tried adding to the air flow min but it just starts bucking really bad, ive tried adding and subtracting from integral air flow, torque follower, and timing.
    Cam idles great, just doesn't like going back to park or neutral.

One other problem is my converter unlocks when im cruising and let off. It's just a 60e with circle d 3200 converter. I can only find one table to adjust lock up vs tps and it shouldn't be unlocking.

Did you ever find out what was causing this? I have the same issue, go from drive to park and it shuts the throttle, kills air flow and the car stalls.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Tuner in Training
    Under the idle airflow tab there should be transmission shift airflow. On my g8 going into p/n subtracts air I cut these values in half which cured the issue of wanting to die

Quote Originally Posted by wa04compg View Post
    Under the idle airflow tab there should be transmission shift airflow. On my g8 going into p/n subtracts air I cut these values in half which cured the issue of wanting to die
    I zeroed out those tables and it was a little better but still has the issue.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.

Tuner in Training
    I also disable garage shift torque management in the transmission torque management section. Pulls timing out when you put it into park turn it off see if that helps

I found and fixed my issue, I'll post it here for reference, I set all my idle airflow as per BigMike42's method ( https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...highlight=Idle ) including modifications to the proportional and integral air flow and I still had the problem the car idles great both in gear and in neutral. I could see in the logs that the throttle would drop significantly when going from drive to park or neutral even with the transmission shift airflow tables zero'd out. It appears the adaptive idle airflow was pulling air for some reason, simply lifting the integral Enable RPM error from 15 to 50 completely solved the problem. Not sure if this would be a fix for everyone as my set up is on the aggressive side but its something else to try for anyone having a similar issue.