Thread: What OS do I need?

Potential Tuner

What OS do I need?

Hi guys. I did a 6.2 With a 6l80 from 2009 denali swap into a 88 chevy pick up. I got the engine to run but the tranny wont work. Got a 2009 ecu from a 2009 escalade and did not work the tranny. Swapped the TCM and ecu from a 2013 gmc sierra With a 5.3 and 6l80 but the os on that ecu says its an A4. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Thanks.

From what I understand you need to flash the TCM with the same VIN as the computer. So if you are using a different computer than what the motor/transmission came from you need to reprogram them so they can work together.

This is why people have trouble pulling used transmission from a junkyard and just slapping in a vehicle, it just won't work that way with a 6L80e. Either a valve body swap with the old unit is required or re-programming.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    How do you do that?

Tuner in Training
    most likely you will need a gm MDI scan tool and access to TIS online.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon0357 View Post
    Hi guys. I did a 6.2 With a 6l80 from 2009 denali swap into a 88 chevy pick up. I got the engine to run but the tranny wont work. Got a 2009 ecu from a 2009 escalade and did not work the tranny. Swapped the TCM and ecu from a 2013 gmc sierra With a 5.3 and 6l80 but the os on that ecu says its an A4. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Final y got it to work!!! Thanks for the help, but my problem Was in the tune. The vss Was not active on the the tune file. But thanks for the reply, I learnd sometimiento new.