I've got a 14 ram 5.7 with bolt ons and a 200 shot of nitrous on race fuel, spraying through the shifts. Stock 8hp70. Truck makes around 570whp/600+wtq. I have run into a problem where the trans feels like the TCC is unlocking and locking up somewhat randomly while in 4th, 5th, and 6th gears during a WOT pass on the bottle.

I've got the nominal slip up shift times turned down around 160ms, a 30% bump in oncoming clutch pressure. TCC lockup table and TCM-side torque mngmt copied from SRT challenger sport mode(with x/y axis adjusted to truck throttle %s).

My main question is with the "TCC limit" enable /disable feature. From my understanding from the GM explanations, selecting disable would cause the TCM to run off the "TCC max torque limit" values listed above it. Stock this number is 516lb/ft. The GM explanations say that if you modify this value, it needs to be higher than the highest torque the engine is capable of, but I can't find anything regarding the 8hp.

Is it likely that the unlocking/locking I'm experiencing is being caused by exceeding this torque limit? Has anyone changed this value without problems on a stock torque converter?

Thanks.