Thread: Missing datalog parameters - 06 F250

Tuner in Training

Missing datalog parameters - 06 F250

I'm on beta 3.7, but the scanner function is missing access to many parameters. Only a few are available that are almost useless for diagnostics or tuning. I notice other people have a few of the ones I list below but I do not have access on mine.

Ones we really need for tuning are ICP, mass fuel, VGT DC, a corrected TP position, ICP desired, EBP

Diagnostic purposes would be nice to have Ficm sync, ficm main voltage, and EBP desired.

Quote Originally Posted by bradearlywine View Post
    I'm on beta 3.7, but the scanner function is missing access to many parameters. Only a few are available that are almost useless for diagnostics or tuning. I notice other people have a few of the ones I list below but I do not have access on mine.

Ones we really need for tuning are ICP, mass fuel, VGT DC, a corrected TP position, ICP desired, EBP

Diagnostic purposes would be nice to have Ficm sync, ficm main voltage, and EBP desired.
    I'm getting the same on a 2008 F450 6.4L using Beta 3.7.1084. Hard to tune with no data.

Tuner in Training
    I imagine it's a strategy issue.. different memory locations.

Quote Originally Posted by bradearlywine View Post

I've seen some of the 6.0Ls not report a strategy via OBD, when this happens the enhanced pids will not load.

Create an infolog while connected to the truck. Post the log here and lets see whats going on.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I've seen some of the 6.0Ls not report a strategy via OBD, when this happens the enhanced pids will not load.

Create an infolog while connected to the truck. Post the log here and lets see whats going on.
    I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by info log, but I found it. Once I read info, it appeared to be pulling strategy and pcm just fine. Showed plenty of pids on info log. Turns out, I'm just unfamiliar with your product. I was simply not adding the channels in to display. There are plenty of pids available. Ill have to look through them but I appreciate the response.

I did a read on a buds truck tuned bc SCT the other day. His truck actually wouldn't identify the PCM. I had to select Green Oak 512kb, and it read it properly. I thought it was strange but attributed it to an SCT tune.

Funny thing I noticed too... with the HPTuners plugged into the OBD port, the door ajar doesn't work. If you plug in the HPT with the door open, it will be stuck with the lights on and courtesy lamps. If you plug in the HPT with the door shut the door will not show ajar when you open it and accessories will not time out and turn off. Just odd quirks ive noticed. Probably just dropping one of the networks. Not a big deal tho.

Disregard the log file I accidentally uploaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bradearlywine; 01-12-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post

Here is my info log file. Hopefully you can help.

Thanks Rick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by calgarylsswapper View Post
    Here is my info log file. Hopefully you can help.

Thanks Rick
    You guys got me all fixed up, thanks Eric.