Thread: Dodge Emissions Question

Dodge Emissions Question

Hi,

Have a 2008 Jeep SRT8 with longtubes and high flow cats. Having the typical CEL for cat efficiency codes. In IL we have emissions testing so I cant disable the rear sensors. If I uncheck the MIL box for the cat codes, will it still set monitor to ready?

I also am having P0133 and P0153, front oxygen sensor slow response. If I increase oxygen sensor airflow delay, can this help this code? Any ideas as to how much to raise this?

Thank you in advance

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Z View Post
    Hi,

Have a 2008 Jeep SRT8 with longtubes and high flow cats. Having the typical CEL for cat efficiency codes. In IL we have emissions testing so I cant disable the rear sensors. If I uncheck the MIL box for the cat codes, will it still set monitor to ready?

I also am having P0133 and P0153, front oxygen sensor slow response. If I increase oxygen sensor airflow delay, can this help this code? Any ideas as to how much to raise this?

Thank you in advance
    In my '06 JGC SRT-8, disabling the MIL Enable box still allows the monitors to set to Ready, but I believe the PCM is different between 06 and 07+ Jeeps. Mine is an NGC3 CAN PCM, and I believe 07+ use an NGC4 PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    In my '06 JGC SRT-8, disabling the MIL Enable box still allows the monitors to set to Ready, but I believe the PCM is different between 06 and 07+ Jeeps. Mine is an NGC3 CAN PCM, and I believe 07+ use an NGC4 PCM.
    Thank you for the info. Anyone have any input on monitor setting on the NGC4 pcm?

Bumping this back up, any other opinions on this? ThNks!

Advanced Tuner
    I might look into decreasing O2 kick duration - should dampen out the downstream response to help satisfy the catalyst efficiency diagnostic. For the upstream O2 delay, start with raising the delay by the ratio of the newld distance of the sensor from the head. If it used to be 18" and now its 36" away, double the delay. Should be enough to get you started.

Thank you! Ill give it a shot.

I've done a couple for emissions that seemed to work, the only problem is with the emissions cycle you need to drive the car about 50miles for everything to reset.

Switch off MIL and keep SES enabled.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mep_q8 View Post
    I've done a couple for emissions that seemed to work, the only problem is with the emissions cycle you need to drive the car about 50miles for everything to reset.

Switch off MIL and keep SES enabled.
    Thanks. I know you need to drive a bit, that's why I didn't want to turn some stuff off and drive and drive with nothing happening! Thanks a lot, Ill probable just try this route.

Having this issue on a 2012 392 Challenger. Long tubes, no cats. If I turn off the cat efficiency codes, the catalyst monitor reads "not supported" and it won't pass the IL emissions test. I am also getting p0153 and p0133 slow response for the front O2 sensors. I've tried multiplying the front O2 delay by 1.5, 2, and even 3. I replaced both front sensors and same thing. If I disable the p0133 and p0153 the the O2 monitor reads "not supported".

What about using the 02 extenders that set the rear sensors outward or change the angle of them ?

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I still have a couple cars that we longtubes on that won't pass because of the p0133 and p0153 slow response codes. I installed o2 foolers for the rear o2 sensors. That seems to have taken care of the cat efficiency codes. Missing tables maybe?

Advanced Tuner
    your tempts could be too low when using the fouler. moving that bung closer to the engine might resolve it.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    your tempts could be too low when using the fouler. moving that bung closer to the engine might resolve it.
    I've also used a little piece of steel wool loosely stuffed in the fouler. It seems to help transfer heat to the sensor but still keep it away from the exhaust flow.
    It's worked for me a few times.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone try the "mini" cat fouler?
    http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Those are the ones I used to pass emissions. I've also used the ones with a right angle since I had floor clearance issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    I might look into decreasing O2 kick duration - should dampen out the downstream response to help satisfy the catalyst efficiency diagnostic. For the upstream O2 delay, start with raising the delay by the ratio of the newld distance of the sensor from the head. If it used to be 18" and now its 36" away, double the delay. Should be enough to get you started.
    Is this how the transport delay is roughly adjusted? I just measured my stock distance on my 5.7 manifolds and the O2 distance is 3", the distance is ~6x on the LT headers at 19", seems like an awfully large multiplier. I have been battling a P159 B2S2 slow to respond and just the other day another "pending" DTC P113D just popped up, B1S1 slow to respond DTC error (this is the only sensor that has a black connect, all other are white so I don't think it is the original). I have looked at my previous logs and the upstream sensors seemed to switch fine but now I notice B1S1 is acting funny and B2S2 does not switch during cruising. I have checked my system for leaks (tried smoke and then soapy water) and can't identify any. Can it be the sensors are going bad? I only have <25k miles on the car and 9k of it was with a SC and less then 1k was with the headers. Just pulled all the O2 and the front ones have very little black soot on them but the rears have a significant amount which seems strange since I run high flow cats.

Anyone have any luck with fixing the P0133 and P0153 with long tubes? Can't just shut the codes off as it puts the oxygen sensor monitors to "not supported". Won't pass emissions that way. Transport delay tables don't seem to have any effect.

Tuner in Training
    Replaced mine with OEM sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    Anyone have any luck with fixing the P0133 and P0153 with long tubes? Can't just shut the codes off as it puts the oxygen sensor monitors to "not supported". Won't pass emissions that way. Transport delay tables don't seem to have any effect.
    Did you ever get this sorted? I'm facing this problem now with ARH long tubes on my 05 2500 5.7L and don't want to just turn the codes/sensors off.
    I'm a newbie though, so I'm just looking into this transport delay stuff.

So I've gotten p0133 and p0153 before. I checked my exhaust out by pressurizing it with the exhaust of a shop vac in the tailpipe. Turns out I had a decent exhaust leak where the midpipes connect to the catback exhaust on my 2010 challenger 5.7. Welded that up, made sure I had no other leaks, cleared the codes and they haven't come back in over 300 miles. They used to come up anytime i jumped on the highway.