Thread: Stock 2011 6.7L Auto - Possibly Lost Trans File

Tuner in Training

Stock 2011 6.7L Auto - Possibly Lost Trans File

Im having an issue with a 2011 6.7 ST CC Auto, and maybe someone can point me in the proper direction. Before I get railroaded, I read the threads concerning tuning after unloading a previous tuner, and this is not where im having an issue.

I used a H&S XRT Pro to load a "TOW" tune to the 2011. I thought the tuner would work fine because I used it previously on a 2008 (with no issues). Tuner was unlocked, not locked to the previous vehicle.

After loading the tune and clearing the codes, I started the truck (starts up and idles fine), and observed the shift indicator light was no longer working. I put the truck in reverse and felt it violently shift into reverse. I then put it into drive and it again shifted hard into drive, however when inching forward in the drive way it appeared the trans was only engaging 4th gear.

At this point I immediately try to return the tune to stock, and it appeared the tuner returned the truck to stock, however the transmission is still doing the same thing (no indicator light, and what seemed like no communication with the transmission).

I tried numerous things, unplugging the battery over night, to try and reset the tipm, loading and unloading tunes from the xrt, no success.

After searching through numerous forums, I cannot find anyone with similar issue, but see that hptuners now supports dodge 6.7s. I have had hptuners many years, but only used to tune gm vehicles 97-2006.

I hookup and open hptuners, run a scan, and the scan looks like a truck that has manual. I did not see any info for the trans other than if the clutch pedal is depressed, odd since i have no clutch pedal. So I then licensed the vin, purchased credits, and read the tune. Tune does not show any tables or info under the trans tab.

I am not complaining about buying credits, as this is my truck, and after fixing the issue ill will end up using it, after I learn more.

So anyway it appears that the H&S XRT Pro either wrote a manual tune, bricked the tcm, or possibly something else.

From my dealings with GM vehicles my first thought was to try and upload a stock tune from the repository and compare it to the tune read from my truck. However, since I have no experience with tuning any Chryslers I figured best to get some advice here first before I try anything.

I already have an appointment to have the truck reflashed by a dealer. But since this is my first issue, im interested in learning more about these vehicles and the tuning process for them. Again before I get flamed, I have no experience tuning any Chrysler vehicles.

Ill be reading up through this forum and learning from other threads, but I thought it would be worth posting up just to get any advice or see if anyone has seen this before.

I appreciate any help, or ideas, and thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's a pretty good possibility that you'll have to re-license your truck to HP Tuners after you have the dealer flash the PCM back to stock. Particularly if the OS ID ends up changing from what it currently is. If a manual trans tune did get flashed to your truck from the XRT, and it returned the truck to a stock manual trans calibration which is what you licensed with HP Tuners, then it will most certainly end up having a different OS ID when the dealer flashes it back to stock.

Sucks, but that's how things work with HP Tuners licensing on Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge vehicles.

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately I figured as much.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wzup1000 View Post
    Im having an issue with a 2011 6.7 ST CC Auto, and maybe someone can point me in the proper direction. Before I get railroaded, I read the threads concerning tuning after unloading a previous tuner, and this is not where im having an issue.

I used a H&S XRT Pro to load a "TOW" tune to the 2011. I thought the tuner would work fine because I used it previously on a 2008 (with no issues). Tuner was unlocked, not locked to the previous vehicle.

After loading the tune and clearing the codes, I started the truck (starts up and idles fine), and observed the shift indicator light was no longer working. I put the truck in reverse and felt it violently shift into reverse. I then put it into drive and it again shifted hard into drive, however when inching forward in the drive way it appeared the trans was only engaging 4th gear.

At this point I immediately try to return the tune to stock, and it appeared the tuner returned the truck to stock, however the transmission is still doing the same thing (no indicator light, and what seemed like no communication with the transmission).

I tried numerous things, unplugging the battery over night, to try and reset the tipm, loading and unloading tunes from the xrt, no success.

After searching through numerous forums, I cannot find anyone with similar issue, but see that hptuners now supports dodge 6.7s. I have had hptuners many years, but only used to tune gm vehicles 97-2006.

I hookup and open hptuners, run a scan, and the scan looks like a truck that has manual. I did not see any info for the trans other than if the clutch pedal is depressed, odd since i have no clutch pedal. So I then licensed the vin, purchased credits, and read the tune. Tune does not show any tables or info under the trans tab.

I am not complaining about buying credits, as this is my truck, and after fixing the issue ill will end up using it, after I learn more.

So anyway it appears that the H&S XRT Pro either wrote a manual tune, bricked the tcm, or possibly something else.

From my dealings with GM vehicles my first thought was to try and upload a stock tune from the repository and compare it to the tune read from my truck. However, since I have no experience with tuning any Chryslers I figured best to get some advice here first before I try anything.

I already have an appointment to have the truck reflashed by a dealer. But since this is my first issue, im interested in learning more about these vehicles and the tuning process for them. Again before I get flamed, I have no experience tuning any Chrysler vehicles.

Ill be reading up through this forum and learning from other threads, but I thought it would be worth posting up just to get any advice or see if anyone has seen this before.

I appreciate any help, or ideas, and thanks!
    Wzup1000

When you loaded the file with the H&S you accidentally said it did not have an auto. Therefore the H&S turned off the auto switches. Just return the truck to stock, and reprogram choosing an auto. After that all should be good.

Potential Tuner
    What ended up being the fix for this?? I did the exact same thing with a Minimaxx Tuner to my 2011 Mega Cab, and the Dodge Dealer was UNABLE to help me!! I NEED my truck in working order. I cannot return to stock and reprogram with my Mini Maxx to fix it. I've tried this several times. I was told once you tell it that it's manual you cannot tell it it's automatic within the H&S platform. I've already spent $600 chasing my tail at the dealer. I've most recently removed the ECM from the truck, thinking I'm going to have to ship it somewhere to get it reflashed. Please let me know what you did to fix it. Thanks!!
    Last edited by megablack11; 06-09-2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot to include some details

Banned
    The dealer should have no issues flashing a correct stock automatic calibration to your truck to resolve it if it?s a result of the H&S flashing the truck to a manual calibration. You?d need an ecm unlock afterwards as the latest ecm flashes from Chrysler/Fiat enable the ecm lock on the 08-12 ecms.