Thread: Double check my work please

Tuner in Training

Double check my work please

Okay guys so I've added Snake Eater 850cc injectors to my 2008 Silverado 1500 RCSB 5.3l Auto Flexfuel truck and I want to make sure I've done the math correctly.

Factory truck 105k miles. Planning on installing an under the bed turbo, VS6262 billet ball bearing 1.01AR hotside with 44mm waste gate. Frozenboost Water 2 Air intercooler 2.5'' piping all the way up. Stand alone oil&water system.

Prior to injector install I installed a Flex fuel sensor in the fuel line, pinned to ECU pin#40. Set tune to use actual sensor instead of virtual.
    Truck should be in MAF only mode right now and I've corrected the MAF table using the wideband EQ ratio error graph. I've gotten the error with in .5%. Everything seems to be working just fine in that department.

I have doubled the Stoich table, Halved the IVT table and input what I believe to be the correct Injector data.
    Snake eater provided a printed copy of the actual injector flow rates at 43psi averaging 93.9lbs/hr. I used a calculator on deatschworks site to figure 109lbs/hr @ 58psi rail pressure. Halving that flow rate brings me to 54.5lbs/hr.

I've tried to follow the factory trend of rising flow rates @ 7.9% after 400kpa
    I've set everything from 400kpa and lower to my calculated 54.5lbs/hr.

Is this the correct way to do this?

I've attached current Tune file and all injector data provided by Snake Eater Performance.

Adjusted injector data.hpt
    SEP850_Long_Public_Plug_and_Play_Data.xlsx
    20191230_131537.jpg
    Last edited by Jwilliams; 01-01-2020 at 06:42 PM.