Thread: FICM Tuning

Tuner in Training

FICM Tuning

It seems I have started quite a few threads, but I feel each one has a question unrelated to the others. Anyway... FICM tuning. I got an error message while reading the FICM saying that a stock file has been provided. I cant compare against my current for that reason. What stock file is provided? I notice the pcm has access to pilot injection settings - does the FICM file provided by HPT have it enabled? Is it any different than stock right?

I haven't licensed the FICM yet. I'm running stock injectors, so is there a benefit to tuning PW or should you just stick with ICP sensor transfer fooling.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Yes there is a benefit to running more pw but yes the go to for fuel is icp fooling. It's simple and effective. Do not under any circumstances enable pilot injection. It is known to cause injector problems and failure. I would honestly prefer to change pulse width around and recalibrate that then mess with icp fooling since ficm tuning is a thing.

Tuner in Training
    How much PW should be added if everything else is stock?
    Last edited by Turbo Silverado; 01-15-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Silverado View Post
    You'll have to test it a bit, but you don't want to add very much. I'd say most of your adjustments are going to be above 7mpa, or 9mpa, columns and up (to the right). The top left is idle. The bottom left isn't much real world usage because demanded fuel vs icp. Make small adjustments.

The way other canned tunes seemed to be doing it was having ICP peak at 26mpa, and rapidly read less down to only 23.5mpa (when actual pressure was climbing over 4K psi) effectively eliminating the last two columns on the FICM PW map under full throttle. So they were adding approximately 0.146ms in the bottom right, progressively getting smaller in the rows above it. Combine that with that with sky high ICP and a 10% multiplication on the pedal map was the primary increase in power.
    Last edited by bradearlywine; 01-15-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Silverado View Post
    I added 15% to the upper end of the pulse table. I've done zero ICP fooling and this truck goes like hell. Runs incredibly smooth and has tons of power. I also added an exhaust brake which is a lot of fun.

There is no need to hack up the ICP transfer function now. That is the most incorrect way to tune 6.0L, but it has been the standard because the FICM was not accessible.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    how do I enable ficm tuning on my vcm

Quote Originally Posted by 1311258228 View Post
    how do I enable ficm tuning on my vcm
    Email support and ask for BETA access.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC