Thread: 6.0 FICM read

Tuner in Training

6.0 FICM read

Does anyone have a FICM file for a 2003 or 2004 6.0 before the ford update?

Tuner in Training
    You know, at the dealer we have two local trucks that still have the original FICM programing. Post-cycle and pilot injection. One of those trucks was the parts managers dad.. Early 03. Completely stock. Not even an oil cooler or EGR cooler failure. Not as much as a single injector failure until 175K miles. Had 2 more fail pretty quickly after that, maybe by 190K miles. Finally the transformers in the FICM took a crap. Being an early 03, we could not just replace a half shell and we had to replace whole FICM.

Just like everyone else who got the update, he swears up and down the truck used to be quieter and that he lost fuel mileage (3mpg) after the update. We sometimes run across some LCF's with post cycle still on them as well.

I too wish we could get my hands on a pilot injected FICM programming, but I assume the PCM programming is also different.
    Last edited by bradearlywine; 01-15-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Maybe ask HP directly. You cant read the FICM with HP Tuners you are supplied a "stock" file to use, so only hp knows what file everyone is getting, however I assume it would be as recent as possible update.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCE View Post
    Maybe ask HP directly. You cant read the FICM with HP Tuners you are supplied a "stock" file to use, so only hp knows what file everyone is getting, however I assume it would be as recent as possible update.
    My FICM is at the latest level, still stock. Since I cant read my real one, Ive been doing some logging. I created a graph to track INJ PW over volume fuel desired vs icp. The commanded pulse widths I am getting don't add up to the FICM file they provide in the lower right hand side. For example, 23mpa pressure at 120 vol should be commanding near 1.816 but mine is only commanding 1.63. Just a case of averages? Another multiplier that is unknown? Or maybe the strategy is slightly different. FYI this was at 180+ ect and oil.

I may restest whenever I decided to license the FICM. For now, I'm just playing around and seeing where changes have most effect.