Thread: Upgrade wideband or replace sensor?

Tuner

Upgrade wideband or replace sensor?

I have a Ballenger Motorsports AFR 500 wideband that uses the LSU 4.2 sensor. When it's time to replace the sensor would it make more sense to just upgrade the whole setup. Replacement sensors are in the $80 range and a new AEM wideband with the 4.9 sensor can be had for less than $150.
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Own both. AEM is better. I do not know the application but the ones that support OBD2 work well on newer vehicles.

Tuner
    I already ordered an aem obd2 setup and plan on a permanent install in my truck. I want to have a second unit around to use on other vehicles.if I can sell my afr 500 I think I'd like to get another aem to use on other vehicles. Wonder what my afr 500 would be worth to sale. Had it for a year and a half but only has about a 1000 miles on it.
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Advanced Tuner
    I have an AEM Uego on one bank with the LSU 4.2 and one on the other bank with an LSU 4.9. Operationally, I can't tell the difference between the two driving down the road, although the 4.9 is unquestionably better on paper

Tuner
    Yeah thanks for the info. I hooked the AEM up on my truck. Thinking I'm just going to keep the afr500 in case I want to tune something else.