Thread: Trouble keeping it running after firing...cammed/turboed 4.8 2 bar SD

Tuner in Training

Trouble keeping it running after firing...cammed/turboed 4.8 2 bar SD

I am helping a buddy tune a 2002 4.8L turbo LS truck

Stock 4.8 with electric throttle
    decapped injectors (supposed to flow like deka 80s)
    2 bar SD tune
    Jeggs CAM - 200582

Specs on cam
    1997-2004 GM LS Series (Gen III)
    Lift: 0.585"/0.585"
    Duration @ 0.050": 228?/230?
    Advertised Duration: 283?/286?
    Lobe Separation: 112?
    RPM Range: 2,500-6,500 RPM

Attached current tune. Can't get much of a log.

Will start and just die. I can use the throttle to keep it going but even that is iffy. Seems to run very rich but IF I can keep it running it seems OK on the wideband. I have adjusted the base idle airflow both ways...up and down and neither really help very much. This is the first electric throttle car I have tuned and it seems to be a fighter...

I am ok with tuning the driving/under boost/etc side of things but need a bit of a hand just getting it to start and idle on its own. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Logs?

What MAP sensor?

Did you wire in a separate IAT sensor if you removed the MAF?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Attached short log
    MAP sensor from a supercharged GTP (off brand parts store sensor, was installed when I was given the truck to tune)
    Yes has GM open element air temp sensor installed and wired
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'd make sure those linear and offset settings are correct, I don't remember what they are suppose to be on that MAP sensor.

What happens if you force open loop, disable closed loop and fuel trims and tune it using the wideband?

It also seems like you have bank 1 running rich and bank 2 is running really lean as the fuel trims are complete opposites. Bank 2 is going +20% and the other is way negative so it's just fighting itself. I'd check for exhaust leaks or vacuum leaks too.

Adding your wideband to your logs would be helpful as well as including commanded AFR or EQ, injector pulse width and knock retard.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.