Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlicensed Interface

Tuner in Training

Unlicensed Interface

I read a vehicle made changes bought the credit and entered the Key. Now it will not reread the same vehicle and comes up unlicensed Interface. All my previous license paths are gone and it will not show the interface S/N. I can go to Info and it reads the interface and shows all previous licenses. Trying to finish tuning this vehicle and really need to get going. Ticket number 112434 I must say not having phone support....sucks.
    Last edited by Cobradoc; 01-19-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Well tis is awesome. Car on Dyno, cars waiting to go on dyno. 2 hours with only a auto send email from support. No solution just wasted time.... I remember why I like SCT......

Tuner in Training
    Pretty sad. Sent 3 messages with read receipts all read. Even said if there will be resolution today just say so and I pull this car off dyno and move onto next. Nothing. Pretty sad service, but this is the world we live in now.

Please respond to the ticket with the Info Requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobradoc View Post
    Pretty sad. Sent 3 messages with read receipts all read. Even said if there will be resolution today just say so and I pull this car off dyno and move onto next. Nothing. Pretty sad service, but this is the world we live in now.
    Just a FYI, the more you send the further back in line you end up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just a FYI, the more you send the further back in line you end up.
    That's pretty sad. I have responded within minutes of info request.

I was meaning for the initial emails to support, like if you send one at 12pm, then another at 2pm and 3pm and you had no response yet, the one at 3pm would likely be the one that got responded too. So other people that sent after your first email would be in front of you. This is just how I see it play out and from what some of them have said in the past.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Just sucks because I like the software and typically don't have any issues. But I have lost a complete day that I didn't have time to lose. Oh well I'll kick this one off the dyno and move on as it seems its not gonna get resolved any time quick.

Tuner in Training
    Still waiting on " Support". Been doing so since 11am Friday. Amazing at PRI I was told how great tech support was.......

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like you are using an old app key, update to your newest, that should fix your issue(just an educated guess) without looking at your ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    BTW the infolog you sent us was incomplete ie no application key, so as I suspected that is the issue. Insert your newest application key into the software under Help-application keys that should fix your issue.

In the future I strongly advise against "bumping" your ticket by emailing again, and again, and again every 20 minutes as you did in this case. What happens is when you "bump" a ticket it actually appears to us as though its a new ticket and the system automatically puts it to the back of the line so you weren't doing yourself any favors. We typically have a 24hr turnaround on all tickets M-F, with that said it looks like we got back to you within 4hrs and the infolog shows no app key.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    BTW the infolog you sent us was incomplete ie no application key, so as I suspected that is the issue. Insert your newest application key into the software under Help-application keys that should fix your issue.

In the future I strongly advise against "bumping" your ticket by emailing again, and again, and again every 20 minutes as you did in this case. What happens is when you "bump" a ticket it actually appears to us as though its a new ticket and the system automatically puts it to the back of the line so you weren't doing yourself any favors. We typically have a 24hr turnaround on all tickets M-F, with that said it looks like we got back to you within 4hrs and the infolog shows no app key.
    That's the issue the app key shows up on my desk top but will not show up on the laptop used for tuning. I have repeatedly tried to enter it. I sent both info logs from each computer on Friday. All I asked was would there be a timely resolution as I am a busy dyno shop with many customers to serve and cannot tie up my dyno waiting for days for a answer.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you are likely not entering a valid key in that case, send a screenshot of the error and request a teamviewer session and we'll be happy to enter it for you.

Tuner in Training
    Info sent via ticket.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

I sent you two info logs. One from my desktop and one from the laptop I am having issues with. If you look at the one from the desktop it shows the current app key. If you look at the one from the laptop it shows nothing because it acts as though the interface does not have a application path. I deleted the software and reloaded and still continue to have the same issue. Tried different usb cables, plugged into two different vehicles to try and read them and all I get is unlicensed interface messages. But if I plug into my desktop all is well with the interface.

You need to enter a correct application key on the laptop as well.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    You need to enter a correct application key on the laptop as well.
    I have.

Tuner in Training
    Fixed it on my own.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobradoc View Post
    Fixed it on my own.
    How?

Potential Tuner
    Ive made the mistake of emailing several times, but it been 10 days now. In previous scenarios it has been remedied very quickly. My customer is NOT happy. Pls someone at HP pls help me out!