Thread: 408 stroker build

408 stroker build

So my buddy and I decided we were gonna yank the stock lq4 out and replace it with a 408 stroker. Going with a Vinci butt kicker cam. Rebuilt 317 heads with good springs and valves. Looking for insight on injectors and what kind of a tuning battle im going to be up against. Its going in a 2005 chevy 2500 hd 4x4. Any and all appreciated. Tia!!!!

40-50lb/hr injectors at a minimum. There should be several to pick from in that size range.

The tuning battle is kinda up to the tuner tackling the job. The cam you picked isn't very aggressive and is rather small (210/218 if I googled that right) for a 408 stroker build, you could go slightly larger if you wanted too but don't forget about your torque converter. Too large and it won't play well with a stock stall.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

It has a Hughes stockish converter. I haven't done any highly modded tuning. Fixing to buy Greg Banish dvd and grab a pile of beers and study. Thanks for the input!! Its going to be a street driven truck. So don't wanna get too wild with the cam

Even consider the course through ERM performance, should help "new" guys get a handle on the software and what you'll need to do. It will be cheaper than those DVD's too.

I'm sure you did some research on the stroker builds but if you drive it a ton the 408 may not last the longest just based on how they seem to wear parts.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I tuned the stock 6.0 to pull a sled almosr 400 feet a fee times. Lots off 300 ft plus pulls. And plow snow for 4 winters. This truck is gonna be a work horse and toy now. Not every day driven. I havent heard of this other course. Engaging research now. Thanks!!

Any other input welcome still. Lol.